This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD Car

Started by RDFL, February 02, 2020, 03:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDFL

85RZwade

That is fantastic. Some fine engineering solutions going on under that hood: the shift linkage, clutch cable, exhausts, drive shaft off the countershaft. Love the high tension wires! The car itself is really cool, too...but in noticing the "choke" plunger, I wonder how they start it? Too dark down by the kickstart shaft to see what ingenious mechanism is utilized. Maybe they park it on a hill  ;D
Wade
I post waayyy too much

EE

That is TOO COOL!!!!! I would drive the wheels off that thing!!!!!  Ed

m in sc

that is awesome. ive seen pics of it before on the uk fb group, but not those. Inspiring!  :whistle:

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Twintuned

Quote from: 85RZwade on February 02, 2020, 11:05:27 AM
That is fantastic. Some fine engineering solutions going on under that hood: the shift linkage, clutch cable, exhausts, drive shaft off the countershaft. Love the high tension wires! The car itself is really cool, too...but in noticing the "choke" plunger, I wonder how they start it? Too dark down by the kickstart shaft to see what ingenious mechanism is utilized. Maybe they park it on a hill  ;D
Wade
RD200E. Electric start. Agreed on the mechanical solutions, done very well.

EE

I wonder.... if you could mod the electric start from a 200 to a 400 and stuff a 425 in there??   Ed

teazer

Anything would be better than an old Excelsior twin or Villiers 2T motor.  I have seen one on a forum with a Suzuki GT550 IIRC which would be a touch heavier over the front end.

85RZwade

Thanks Twintuned!
Wade
I post waayyy too much