Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Recluse clutch or similar

Started by John Ritter, July 17, 2019, 05:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Ritter

Has anyone attempted to install a Recluse clutch or similar style on an RD? If so what bike was it designed for before you adapted it. I have a lockup but would like to consider something different. Thanks.

teazer

Are you looking for a slider clutch which locks up with engine speed to replace a rear wheel speed lock up?

What's available in the Banshee drag race market?

murphywv

that's an interesting idea. I have a recluse in my KTM 300 and a yxz1000 Yamaha...really cool. I love the one on the KTM but when I switch bikes and forget the clutch I look really stupid (stall/fall over)
I remember seeing somewhere that the RD clutch disc can be swapped with some other Yamaha sportbike but I don't recall which. May be a starting point.
1974 RD350 not stock
KTM 300 XC-W
Beta 500R-SS
And a big ol' chopper

pdxjim

What he^ said. I love the Rekluse in my 300 but can't really see the purpose on a streetbike 🤷🏻‍♂️
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

thatguy

Give 'em a call. Hell they make the damn things for Harleys.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment." – Ralph Waldo Emerson

John Ritter

pdxjim, its not for street nor do I consider the lockup we have a street unit. I have a Land & Sea engine dyno and do not like the lockup action when making pulls thus the Recluce style/type seems on paper to be a better choice. We too had a Recluse on our 2007 KTM300, bought my son a new WR300 and told the dealer and him he could have $1500. for mods. The clutch was a perfect improvement.