Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Clutch Plates Don't Fit

Started by Milan, August 26, 2022, 07:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milan

Got an EBC clutch plate kit for my KH250.

Plates won't fit into slots.
They are too tight.

Anyone else run into this?

M

m in sc

yup. i dressed the plates a bit with a file.

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Milan

I agree that can be done.

But should we have 2 do that?
We paid for a priduct that is supposed to fit.

Or is quality & finish of stuff getting worse.

Don't answer that

Clem710

Ha, we just did rear brakes on an older Honda quad and I can tell you that there was a significant amount of massaging required.

I do not know if they were oem pads so that may have been part of it. That and the 15 years of junk and corrosion.

I end up buzzing the ears on automotive brake pads probably 80% of the time, gone a little too far a few times but you get used to the rattle. Kept getting calipers that would sieze quickly even after doing the lines and mc so I was making sure the pads werent going to be a problem.

m in sc

i mean, its a compatible part for a 45+ year old bike. oem was all fiber. just be glad you can get anything, unlike the dark days in the 90s/early 200's where you had to hope a dealership had stuff from 20-25 years ago still laying around. 

Milan

Ended up taking the Dremel to the wings on the plate.
Took some time but worked.

They fit right into the old hub.
Shows you how much the hub can wear

M

Clem710

Quote from: m in sc on August 29, 2022, 04:16:09 PM
i mean, its a compatible part for a 45+ year old bike. oem was all fiber. just be glad you can get anything, unlike the dark days in the 90s/early 200's where you had to hope a dealership had stuff from 20-25 years ago still laying around.

yeah, and stay off my lawn :dawg:

Parts availability is incredible these days, clickety clickety some dude brings it to your house.  Do kinda miss the hunts at the boneyards and swapmeets, still go to some but it doesnt turn into a mission from God to find carb rubbers.

m in sc

i DO MISS THE JUNKYARDS, BIGTIME

But, even when ebay and all that was strong, i still went to them. However, most are gone around here. and yeah, stay off my lawn! I pay a guy to mow it!!  :dawg:

Clem710

I need to get on that payin a guy program but I got a sweet two stroke Toro that rips and eats anything you feed it :thumbs:

Cycle recyclers on Bonzo Road by Beaver Falls is still a bit of an old school yard, think theres another up that way too.  Its nice to buy whole bikes for what a motor costs on ebay