This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

The Latest in the Stable

Started by Striker1423, May 15, 2022, 10:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker1423

Teazer, who does the crank rebuilds?

I'll check the oil leaking, but when I saw it it was the same color (blue) as the 2t oil.

I ordered all the parts to rebuild the carbs. But, the throttle linkages are REALLY rusty, but I can't find a part number for them and no pieces separate from any carbs on Ebay.

teazer

Sorry I missed that one.  Bill Bune in MN is the place I sent the last half dozen cranks.  fast turnaround, good quality and reasonable prices.

I found a guy 20 minutes from me in WI and he is all 2 smokes all the time.  I will try him for my next crank and see how that goes.

Blue oil?  Is that watercraft oil by any chance?  Check simple things like a loose banjo bolt at the pump.

sav0r

We've done a few cranks with Bill Bune on Teazer's recommendation. They do great work, apparently Bill is no longer involved, but it doesn't matter.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

Striker1423

The oil pump was leaking at the old seal in the top of the pump. I fixed it using a few small o-rings on the edges and one larger one in the middle from multiple size sets I had. No longer leaks. Also replaced the six o-rings between the block and the pump itself.

Most likely watercraft oil. My Yamaha is old injector 2s from the drum at the old dealership I worked at. That's watercraft as well, but the RD loves it. Will switch over whenever this blue stuff runs out.

teazer

I just sent an X ring seal to someone to cure that same leak on his bike.  The correct seal is not available but I imported some U cup seals and X ring seals.  Both work but I prefer the slightly tighter fit of the X ring seal.

Striker1423

New tires, chain and sprockets in place. Up next will be the fork rebuild. I'll address the brakes when the new lines show up from Legends.

Waiting on a new grab handle stuck in isc Chicago. Oof. Til that and the brake lines I'll keep going.