Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

I got burned bad by Eric Treve!!!

Started by Daytona Z, October 27, 2019, 10:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad-Man

I have the old Trac Dynamics swingarm that you haven't installed yet.

I'll go out to the garage tomorrow and weigh (completely bare) it then post it here.

Toys don't make the man - Man makes the toys.
1974 RD350
1975 RD350/400 project
1985 BMW K100RS

Daytona Z

Yes; I had to return it with proof by way of a tracking# and a signature required. I thought I'de have a harder fight with pp but they were cool;fast and easy to deal with AND made the right decision.

Striker1423

Quote from: Daytona Z on November 24, 2019, 10:36:41 PM
Yes; I had to return it with proof by way of a tracking# and a signature required. I thought I'de have a harder fight with pp but they were cool;fast and easy to deal with AND made the right decision.

That's why it pays to use paypal. Ebay is really good about refunding you too if you ask. Never hurts to call!

RDFL

Daytona Z

NO! I did call several times over the past few weeks. I was told by Dave to hold on to the phone and he was going to check. He got back on the phone and said it would be made soon and that I would get a confirmation email stating that. I never got an email. So last week I talked to Dave again ; I let him know im tired of these games and would just like to have the product I paid for. He sounded apologetic and acted as if it were the first call. He asked me if i wanted a refund I could or I can stick it out. I chose to hang on a bit longer. I let him know theres a whole community of people that know how they're conducting thier business and know of my situation. He didn't like that.  :bang: I also told him if I conducted customer service like he does that I would be out of business. His tone changed and he seem to get the point. he sounded as if he wanted to get several RD swingarms off the books before the end of the year so.................. we'll see.  I might just drive up there and in person and rattle some cages. Im tired of dealing with people that lie.

m in sc

show up its a great motivator. I had an issue with JMC years ago, had a local UK guy ring em up and just threaten to show up, amazing how fast i got my refund after 6 mos of phone and email tag. they went under less than a year later.  :twocents:

Daytona Z

At this point I'm about to put back the stock arm back on. Its powder coated and ready to go. If I don't get it soon then its a go.  :bang:

m in sc

contact nathan ( retaRD) , he used an sr500 aftermarket one.  https://www.motolanna.com/ourshop/prod_448876-Swingarm-Aluminum-Alloy-SuperTuff.html

I actually think its a nicer arm.  :twocents:

oxford

Quote from: m in sc on December 18, 2019, 07:16:31 PM
I actually think its a nicer arm.  :twocents:

Unless you are going for an old school aluminum arm look I also think that arm Nathan used looks a lot nicer than most others.

I would like to see some actual weights but I would guess it is a lot lighter than the trac dynamics.  The last picture I saw posted of a T/D arm a majority of it was made from solid bar stock with pockets milled out of it.

pdxjim

That MotoLanna 'arm is half the price of the TracDynamics and looks way better

Seems a no-brainer to me.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Daytona Z

I've been on their site several times but never seem to find what applies to me. I have a Daytona and was looking for a 1'' over. I don't want to modify anything. Especially dealing with overseas. That rear end above looks perfect.

pdxjim

Well, if you don't wanna mod anything your choices are def limited.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

rodneya

Quote from: pdxjim on December 18, 2019, 10:44:36 PM
That MotoLanna 'arm is half the price of the TracDynamics and looks way better

Seems a no-brainer to me.

Nice shocks

What did you have to do to make the arm fit beside cutting down the pivot tube?

pdxjim

Quote from: rodneya on December 19, 2019, 12:53:06 AM

Nice shocks

What did you have to do to make the arm fit beside cutting down the pivot tube?

Ask "retaRD" Nathan.

Those pics are of his bike.

Daytona Z

Im not totally opposed to modifying it but its not my first choice. I would first like to see a straight bolt on. The arm has to be closer to what I want first off. They don't have anything close to even start with. Has anyone out out there bought a 1" over arm that they converted to a Daytona?