Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Notice from MotoAmerica

Started by soonerbillz, February 25, 2023, 10:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerbillz

Not sure where to put this but if you are running one of these batteries heads up!

kpke

Thank you! This is a bit concerning.

I ran this in my 500 for about 3000 miles >

Ballistic Performance Component Batteries use the latest, state of the art lithium ferrous energy

It went dead and Ballistic is out of business. That battery had a custom installation. Nothing on the market would fit the same form factor so I purchased an antigravity battery and did a new custom installation.

Antigravity Batteries offers the Lightest, most Powerful and Technologically advanced Lithium-Ion

The post above has me searching the internet this morning and I will do some more . Can one of you very smart scientists in plain english spell out the differences between the following?

1. Ballistic - lithium ferrous phosphate

2. Antigravity - lithium ion

3. The above post specifies LiPO

Are they all the same?

Certainly my biggest concern is my antigravity lithium-ion battery the same as the outlawed LiPO?

Thank you!
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158

soonerbillz

kpke

Thanks for that.

So reading that there I get there is similarities between LiPo and Li-ION but they are different. Maybe this would help me out or make me feel a little better if the answer is what I want it to be.

If someone went to an event where the LiPo is outlawed, and they had a Li-ION battery, would they be allowed to participate with the Li-ION battery?
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158

soonerbillz

Quote from: kpke on February 26, 2023, 11:44:11 AM
Thanks for that.

So reading that there I get there is similarities between LiPo and Li-ION but they are different. Maybe this would help me out or make me feel a little better if the answer is what I want it to be.

If someone went to an event where the LiPo is outlawed, and they had a Li-ION battery, would they be allowed to participate with the Li-ION battery?

From what I get from the above notice... yes LI-ION batteries are acceptable.

teazer

I am pretty sure that the batteries I use are LiPo.  I use RC/drone batteries from Turnigy.  Admittedly I don't run in MotoAmerica but I will have to look at their LiFePo4 batteries as replacements.  With a 4s (4 cells) their LIPO is 13.2v and the LiPo is 14.8 volts which I like for the fatter spark energy.

They do get very inflated over time though, so when this square brick becomes fat and blaoted I will change to LiFePo4 and get a new charger to keep it all in one piece.