Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Gas

Started by RDFL, January 22, 2021, 01:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxjim

Get those out of work coal miners busy building charging stations and wind farms.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

AAAltered

"Teach 'em to code..."
1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

Washerman

The automotive industry is only reacting to continued regulations and threats from the government as far as emissions and fuel mileage goes. The government wants to transition us to green energy and they have been talking about it for years. They have been threatening to shut down any fossil fuel usage or production here also. In the meantime, after they shut it down we will still need it here until we are totally green they will go back to buying what we need from foreign countries that do not like us in the first place and prices will go up.

m in sc

thats pretty global. in most western counties they are moving that way. uk, France, etc. not just here not by a long shot.  the world does not revolvr around our politics as much as we want to think it does.

scully

Quote from: Washerman on January 23, 2021, 06:26:19 PM
The automotive industry is only reacting to continued regulations and threats from the government as far as emissions and fuel mileage goes. The government wants to transition us to green energy and they have been talking about it for years. They have been threatening to shut down any fossil fuel usage or production here also. In the meantime, after they shut it down we will still need it here until we are totally green they will go back to buying what we need from foreign countries that do not like us in the first place and prices will go up.

Stirring the liberals here..............good luck

Striker1423

Quote from: m in sc on January 23, 2021, 06:30:09 PM
thats pretty global. in most western counties they are moving that way. uk, France, etc. not just here not by a long shot.  the world does not revolvr around our politics as much as we want to think it does.

Marks right. The point I was trying to make was our energy usage and means of production doesn't amount to a hill of beans to the rest of the world.

So, the global push is about making money. As is most things in life. Business follows the funding.

scully

Globalisation Neoliberalism Corruption Labour code reform High fuel taxes Police brutality Macron's economic positions.....

What the western world protests about.....

m in sc

chill out please.

scully

Being surreptitiously facetious, I think I was told to shut up 🤪

Seizer

I'll believe that the Government is committing to Green energy when I see electric tanks and Humvees 🙄

sav0r

This thread is a decent example of why politics are a waste of time on forums.

We should all stick to enjoying two strokes and set aside our differences for a bit. A little break from the BS could do us all some good.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

pdxjim

Focusing on the one thing we all have in common is generally better than calling out our differences.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Greaser Greg

This thread is a decent example of why politics are a waste of time on forums.

We should all stick to enjoying two strokes and set aside our differences for a bit. A little break from the BS could do us all some good.
Focusing on the one thing we all have in common is generally better than calling out our differences.

:whoop: :whoop: :toot:
Every day above ground is a good one.
'71 R5B "Rusty"  '71 R5B "Decaf"   '99 KZ 250
'97 XL1200S "The Vibrator"   '08 XL1200N  "Greenie" (totalled)
'78 CB750F "The Skunk"   '74 CB550 "Blackie"    '78 Honda Hobbit

m in sc

yup.

:clap:

and this thread can now close.