News:

Neat little oddball bike, zero info.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Turning Wrenches / Re: Discolored piston
Last post by Aloha808 - Today at 06:08:59 PM
Quote from: 1976RD400C on May 27, 2024, 05:54:56 AMDid the spark plugs and combustion chambers look the same? Coolant in the combustion chamber will clean the carbon out but if the coolant was coming out the top of the dome insert that's not in the combustion chamber.

The right plug looked more oily then the left plug.  The combustion chambers looked the same.
Race Discussions / Re: Isle of Man TT - 2024
Last post by SoCal250 - Today at 06:04:01 PM
Turning Wrenches / Re: Modifying an R5 HL switch ...
Last post by scully - Today at 05:11:20 PM
Cool !!
General Chatter / Re: Airtech Streamlining Closi...
Last post by The Red Scourge - Today at 04:54:10 PM
Quote from: m in sc on Today at 02:52:49 PMi mean, that sucks but also fuck them for pitching the moulds into the dumpster, that was a shitty move.

I haven't bought anything from airtech in many years, glass from the past has been my go-to.

Yeah, I agree Mark.  I can't imagine why they would trash all those molds.  I'll have to check out Glass From the Past.
Last post by m in sc - Today at 04:26:58 PM
thanks wade!. the zip tie on the bar actually bothers me. (old man mode engaged)

I have an idea.....
Race Discussions / Isle of Man TT - 2024
Last post by SoCal250 - Today at 03:46:52 PM
Opening day was yesterday which got going after a morning weather delay. Michael Dunlop put in a 129.590 mph lap in Superbike qualifying.
Today was rained out.

Some coverage on YouTube. Or if you want to fork out some $$ you can get the TT streaming app.
Last post by 85RZwade - Today at 03:42:48 PM
Extremely sanitary! Another job well done  :thumbs:
Race Discussions / Re: 2024 MotoGP Schedule - Ind...
Last post by SoCal250 - Today at 03:40:00 PM
The India round scheduled for Sept 22 had been cancelled for 2024. Apparently the organizer still owes Dorna money for last year's race and the two have been going at each other this season. The Buddh track is tentatively slotted in as the opening round for the 2025 season, but with the current situation between Dorna and the circuit organizer I would guess that we haven't heard the end of the scheduling drama.

The previously postponed Kazakhstan round may take the place of the India race in Sept, but the readiness of that circuit is still in doubt.
General Chatter / Re: Airtech Streamlining Closi...
Last post by m in sc - Today at 02:52:49 PM
i mean, that sucks but also fuck them for pitching the moulds into the dumpster, that was a shitty move.

I haven't bought anything from airtech in many years, glass from the past has been my go-to.
Turning Wrenches / Modifying an R5 HL switch for ...
Last post by m in sc - Today at 11:57:12 AM
So, i had a generic switch on the lc for headlight control. wasn't great as the switch was down, low beam, middle, off, up high beam. there was a definite delay from low to high and was kind of fiddly. didn't like it.  :huh:

. that being said, i used to run an r5 switch, and saved it. way back, i used the horn button hole to house a neutral light. i found that in the switch box, took it apart, and completely rewired it. cleaned contacts, hit it w matte clear, and added a 2-way momentary on switch with 'up' now working 'set' on the daytona gauge, and 'down' being mode. it centers automatically so, was perfect for this application and actually fit in the housing with a slight massage of the housing.

also needed to replace the 8" headlight bucket as the plastic housing cracked over time and needed to go. went (back) with one of the economy cycle/emgo headlights with an auxito led.