Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

vintage smoke iggy with omp reg rect

Started by lawnboy, January 28, 2020, 11:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnboy

are they compatible? wanna run minimal wire loom if possible. lights kill switch and maybe signals.
bike is rd 350 skeleton

d3rf

Dvsrd

For minimal electrics, HPI or Vape CDI ignitions are hard to beat, and saves a lot of weight as well.

m in sc

that doesnt answer the q.

whats an omp. regulator?

As long as it sees steady 12vdc (has to be above 10 at least) at the ignition and the coils it will work fine. I know of a few racers that used to run dyna ignitions like this on total loss (no charging at all, just battery) and they worked fine. obviously on a street bike you will want a charging circuit though.  :twocents:

Plasticman

I could be wrong, but I think LAWNBOY is talking about http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/Products.html.  The guy appears to make voltage regulators/rectifiers for motorcycles.

Rob
1976 - RD400 - road racer
1977 - RD400 - project (single shock/cartridge fork/modern wheels/brakes)
1978 - RD400 - Auburn themed motorcycle
1979 - RD400 - Daytona (under restoration)

m in sc

I almost wrote that, but didn't want to assume oregon or oem. either is fine though

lawnboy

Yeah that's the unit. Got it moons ago when I got my basket case RD. Good to know it will work with the VS ignition. Finally got the bike up on the stand and I'm putting my focus into this project now that both my lambrettas are turnkey. Been working on the Rd when $ allows (mostly cosmetic stuff). The HPI is on my radar.  Guess it's time to start a build thread as I still have a ton a questions. Miss Having JT (RD'S only) in my back yard. Hope all is well JT. I need to call you up and shoot the shit.

RDFL

lawnboy

Ha! Ha! Not quite. My buddys brothers girlfriend had it and didn't know what to do with it so i offered to give it a new home. 

JT at Rd's Only helped me get the motor running in a stock bike before he left for texas. Now just trying to get the wiring figured out in this wireless frame.

pdxjim

Not the prettiest gal at the dance, but those Pipeline Pipes are my favorite!

The best RD350 chambers made in San Jose of all time!
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

lawnboy

how it sits now. Just tryin to wrap my head around the wiring.

m in sc

i removed the preview link, it was trying to load an image out of a gmail account, thats not going to work.  :twocents: save the image and then upload it as an attachment  :patriot:

lawnboy

thanks not savvy at attaching fotos either :bang:

RDFL

Sign up for Imgur account free and only takes a few minutes. When you go to upload pic(s) which is done in seconds, select- 640x480 in auto resize drop down menu (says message board) before clicking add image. To post here select image click copy on BBcode (one up from bottom) for link. --- 

pdxjim

Quote from: RDFL on January 30, 2020, 11:41:12 PM
Sign up for Imgur account free and only takes a few minutes. When you go to upload pic(s) which is done in seconds, select- 640x480 in auto resize drop down menu (says message board) before clicking add image. To post here select image click copy on BBcode (one up from bottom) for link. --- 

If you're gonna host the pics elsewhere (I use imgbb.com) you can size them any way you want.  Might as well fill up the window.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

lawnboy

tryin jims site.

https://ibb.co/2ZgtZ6Y

What would be the work around for this?