Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Motolanna SR500 swingarm fitment

Started by Bullockcm, February 18, 2022, 09:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullockcm

Finally got around to make the bushings to fit a Motolanna SR500 swingarm to an rd frame. Will tackle the wheel next. Pretty simple and a cost effective choice for an aftermarket swingarm.

85RZwade

Nice! They look wider than the ones I made, I'll have to get a picture of mine. Sadly, there will be no milling machine in the background of my picture  :confusing2: :'(
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

Once they're painted John Deere Blitz Black, only her hairdresser will ever know.
I post waayyy too much

Bullockcm

Nice job.  Mill is nice as is the lathe sitting to the right just out of picture.  The ones I made are wider but really just to fit the included chain guard.  The actual bushing/spacer width is only 6.5mm, mine are 16.5mm.  My RD frame and I assume all others measured at 200mm wide for the swingarm.  Bushing both RD and SR is 197mm and the Motolanna swingarm is 187mm.  OD to fit the chain guard was roughly 35.5mm.

85RZwade

Thanks! Regarding frame widths: I've done two FZ600 swingarms in RZ350s, and they were different widths by a couple of mm. I don't know if that's due to production tolerances or a couple of decades of use and tipovers (crashes? what are those?), but I definitely had to cut one swingarm narrower than the other. They both work!
I post waayyy too much