Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Copart auctions

Started by IR8D8R, April 23, 2019, 12:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IR8D8R

Copart has an auction site close to me in Madisonville TN. They have a few bikes that look like they were just laid down and scraped up going for far less than actual value. Nothing interesting as far as 2T but a couple of sport bikes that might make good riders or projects.

Anyone ever buy anything from Copart? Their facility looks new and well arranged. There are lots of "straight sale" (high bidder) auctions online that appear to be easily fixed with no bids. Even a few travel trailers with minor damage and no interest. I've bought a few things at County impound auctions but never from a private company like this or online apart from Ebay. I guess I understand the risks. I suppose most are insurance totals and would have salvage titles.

Comments?

IR8D8R

retaRD

Sounds like a good place to get donor parts bikes. 
I've been to that motorcycle salvage yard down there, called Re-cycler I believe.  Picked up buckets of hardware for CHEAP.  Good place to spend a rainy day (it's indoors).
They also sell bikes. 
Most of the gap crashes end up there, so a lot of liter sport bikes from FL and baggers.

~JM~

Bought a beat-up FZR400 track bike out of the Portland, Or. location. I was able to examine it before hand. Smooth transaction, no problems. Was many years ago though. There was a Tuono Factory there that looked mint. Found the P.O. registration & contacted him. He had slid out during a track day. The bike slid on the bar-ends & frame sliders. One of the frame sliders acted like a pry bar & cracked the main portion of the frame. Insurance totaled out the bike. Was being sold "as-is" of course, but no mention of the cracked frame even though the auction house had been informed. Buyer beware.