Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

The smell of 2 stroke oil..

Started by LMS, June 24, 2023, 10:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMS

Yeah, I can be a tad weird at times. Okay, so I have changed a ton of oil in cars, and I know oil made for cars is way different than 2 stroke oil. I was also a tree climber for a number of years way back when, so I have plenty of experience with 2 stroke oil, per say. And when I'm referring to smell, I'm talking out of the bottle. Car oil, well it smells pretty much the same, but 2 stroke oil, I mean each has their own recipe it seems. The bike I have ran on Blendzall, and I was going to keep running it until I read Chucks post, at least I think it was Chuck. Bike came with 2 gallons of it and that stuff smells like good old ol school 2 stroke oil. I also have Motul 710, talk about a crazy over engineer cap. That stuff smells way different than Blendzall, but in a bad way. And now we come to HP2. First, it's cobalt blue, wtf? I ran Kendal 20-50 racing oil in a car I have years ago and that stuff was green, but this stuff is crazy blue. And the smell, holy heck, its smells weird as hell, but I kind of like it, so that's going in the tank first.
Okay I'm done. Time to see if I can fire this thing up.
75 RD350 bought 12/22. First motorcycle I have ever owned.

AtLarge

It all smells like crap except for burnt 70's Castor oil.   :thumbs:  :olaf:  :olaf:
1973 Honda CL70-K3
1975 Kawasaki 350 F9-C
1994 BMW K1100RS
2023 Honda CRF300L Rally ABS

bitzz

Blendzall is castor oil. Bean oil is THE best two stroke oil, it lubes better the hotter it is, but it comes with a LOT of overhead, great for a racer where the motor gets torn down regularly, glues up rings and clots  on street bikes.