Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Clutch actuation rd400

Started by rd400greenhorn, April 12, 2020, 07:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB Weld

So if my pressure plate is seated all the way to the clutches and still won't actuate, what could the deal be?

Not trying to be redundant, but my clutch doesn't work after rebuild and it did before.

I tried adjusting but it didn't work and I'm 99% certain I installed the ball on the clutch side. I might just try what the OP did and remove some screws and see it it moves.

SUPERTUNE

Did you have the worn gear and or the base of the worm gear out of side cover?
C
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

JB Weld

Yes. Removed them to blast the paint off. Also removed the "worm" the other day to free up the lock but because I thought I was going to damage the plastic in the base.

Jspooner

Quote from: JB Weld on April 20, 2020, 08:13:45 PM

I tried adjusting but it didn't work and I'm 99% certain I installed the ball on the clutch side. I might just try what the OP did and remove some screws and see it it moves.

So there is a 1% chance you didn't re-install the ball? Also, make sure there is a ball captured in the actuator as they do fall out sometimes.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

rd400greenhorn

I got it to work guys
The Ball was missing on the clutch side

So far so good

JB Weld

So I know I hi-jacked this post. Just an update. I have mine figured out. I think the pressure plate and clutches may have been sticking together because it sat too long without oil in the trans. A couple light taps with a deadblow and it works. Thanks for the assist Joe!  :righteous:

Jspooner

Quote from: JB Weld on April 21, 2020, 08:34:32 PM
So I know I hi-jacked this post. Just an update. I have mine figured out. I think the pressure plate and clutches may have been sticking together because it sat too long without oil in the trans. A couple light taps with a deadblow and it works. Thanks for the assist Joe!  :righteous:

No problem.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"