Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD400c stanchions

Started by iranana, March 16, 2019, 07:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iranana

My fork stanchions are in kinda bad shape so I've been looking around at some aftermarket options.

Has anyone tried these or can comment on whether the aftermarket options (e.g Tarozzi, Yambits ones) are a direct fit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-RD400-34mm-Fork-Tubes-Stanchions-NCS-Hard-Chrome-Stock-Length-/171661372575

Cheers

2 Stroke Jamoke

I used those exact ones, fit and finish was great. Only one thing to note, the cap would not screw in until I ground it slightly. The threads are the same, just the lip under the o ring that needs attention.  Could have just been my set, but look out for it. Cheers

Organicjedi

I've got those on my 400 and they are a direct fit. Just remember to transfer the hydraulic rebound assembly at the bottom of the tubes. Pay attention to the order they come out.

SUPERTUNE

Same here, I didn't have any issues with using these.
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

iranana

Great, thanks guys, think I'll go ahead and order some  :vroom:

Jspooner

Quote from: iranana on March 17, 2019, 03:04:40 PM
Great, thanks guys, think I'll go ahead and order some  :vroom:

Just remember, like organicjedi said, make sure you pay close attention to how the rebound valve comes apart and that it goes back together the same way. It can be assembled wrong and still go back together. I worked on one that had been taken apart and reassembled by someone else and it was wrong. Took me along time to figure out what was wrong. If they are wrong you will have zero rebound dampening and your forks will "top out".
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"