(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

How long brake line rd400 front

Started by rd400greenhorn, August 27, 2020, 07:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rd400greenhorn

Hi guys
So Its gonna be a while before i Will have the bike assembled
So, would like to order a set of braided brake lines for my bike from germany but need the lenght and thread in the front caliper

Iam using stock front, Besides a low superbike lsl handlebar, so iam guessong stock lenght?

Anyone?

pidjones

Do you intend to continue using the stock steel pipe down at the caliper, or convert it to banjo on both ends? The calipers that I bought for mine have the inserts for flare fittings, but those can be removed and banjo bolts used. That is what I intend to do. I also plan to used Goodridge lines and fittings to make up my own lines. I used them on a GoldWing and really like the small diameter stainless braid over Teflon tube with plastic jacket looks, and excellent performance. Higher price than the cheap Chinese lines, but overall comperable with the better lines.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

oxford

Quote from: pidjones on August 27, 2020, 08:14:52 AM
I also plan to used Goodridge lines and fittings to make up my own lines.

I was going to go this route but the line was getting hard to find in stock recently so I followed Supertune's how to and went with AN style fittings and separate lines.  It worked out very well.

rd400greenhorn

I have removed the flare, i Want to use a regular normal connection, no Hard line.

Dvsrd

For the neatest arrangement,  consider a 90 degree banjo at the MC. That way the hose runs along the handlebar,  before turning downwards. I suggest you take your own measurement, allowing for a little slack with the fork fully extended. I would recommend getting a hose with one adjustable (swiveling) banjo, to take out any twist in the hose.