Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Strange Misfire - Need Help

Started by The1970s, February 13, 2020, 09:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teazer

I think I'm on my 5th GT750 with a couple still to rebuild and the rumors are right.  Accent are excellent ignition systems.  I have used stock (crap), dyna (great spark but suck electrons out of thr battery), Pirhana (garbage IMHO) and Ignitech on a race GT750.  For the street I'd fit another Accent in a heartbeat.

Evans Ward

I'm with teaser on this too as I've had an Accent system on my GT750 for 4 years without any issues. Get one when the next production runs comes out and they are easy to install also.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

Old Brit

Quote from: motodreams on February 14, 2020, 09:13:48 AM
Skip worrying about the battery, They aren't even needed to run these systems.  Sounds like you have a good starting point.  Fuel would usually target a specific cylinder.  It certainly sounds like timing or ignition related given symptoms.  Heat often makes electrical issues worse too.
Sorry but he most definitely needs a battery.

Old Brit

Quote from: The1970s on February 14, 2020, 09:07:25 PM
I would really like to buy one of the Accent electronic ignitions but I have been told that they are produced in batches and are currently out of stock. They expect to have them available again in 6 weeks. So until then the points will have to do. If I have any more problems I'll likely just wire in an automotive condenser since they are readily available.

Now I'll have some time to start planning my porting changes for then next rebuild  ;D I put it back to stock specs while I get all the frame and suspension dialed in but I know I will be looking for more power in the not so distant future
FYI, a mate in the UK ordered an Accent direct from the Guy in Germany who produces them, he got it within 4 weeks. Also agree that they're a doddle to fit and superbly reliable.

The1970s

Another quick but unrelated question to those with GT750's:

Does anyone know if the inner fork tubes are interchangeable between the 1974 'L' model and the 1975 'M' model? I know they changed from the threaded chrome caps to the spring seat/circlip design, but are the lower portions of the tubes the same? Mine are not it great shape and I see that the L version is reproduced and sold by a few different vendors but not the later style. I would actually prefer the threaded cap style if they are compatible with the later fork lowers.

m in sc

im 99% sure they swap. I know because we used some on a GT550.