This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

27 Cycles RD 350 - Finally finished!!

Started by 27 Cycles, February 02, 2020, 04:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Czakky

Dvsrd

An outstanding build!  Even if that great looking seat would kill my fat old a$$ in less than half an hour.......

27 Cycles

The seat will get one more thin, soft layer of foam then a cover.  But..  I figure I'm good for an hour.   ;D ;D

Dvsrd

If you have been racing bicycles or mountain/downhill bikes (which I think you may have), then your posterior should be more than able to cope  :whistle:

27 Cycles

Front fender is mounted and finished.  When I get and install the ignition, the bike will be able to ride/test. 

m in sc

looks great. is it just one bolt on each side?  :umm:

27 Cycles

Yes, I was a little worried too and was going to make a second bolt somehow/where..  the fender is actually quite thick and so are the mounts.  It's strong as hell and I don't see an issue.  It's actually a Harley fender and no matter how thick you think it is...  it's thicker..😁. You would hate it😀

Dvsrd

A steel front fender? From H-D? That must be the latest in "wheelie control"  8)

27 Cycles

My plan is to ride the bike for quite a while before paint, if any problems should arise and I'm sure they will, I will be able to fix/change!  If there was another mounting area for the fender I would certainly use it, there just isn't anywhere for another tab without tapping into the fork bottoms and I just really don't want to do that unless totally necessary, so for now I feel comfortable with how it is. 

EE

A year or two ago landspeed racing, a guy put a front fender on his bike (a harley) and secured it but only in a couple spots, as you speed up the tires "grow" they get taller from the centrifugal force, the tire caught the fender, pulled it around under the tire, the tire became a skate and it threw him down at speed. If your racing at least  take a little extra time to design your mounting points. food for thought.. Ed

350GUY

Quote from: EE on March 23, 2020, 02:30:08 PM
A year or two ago landspeed racing, a guy put a front fender on his bike (a harley) and secured it but only in a couple spots, as you speed up the tires "grow" they get taller from the centrifugal force, the tire caught the fender, pulled it around under the tire, the tire became a skate and it threw him down at speed. If your racing at least  take a little extra time to design your mounting points. food for thought.. Ed

Wow, that's scary! 

27 Cycles

Work is basically done.  Needs paint and ignition to run, hopefully both happening this month!   I built a center stand and a few other small detail parts to really finish it up.

RDFL

Very nice, has a from the future look.

Jspooner

Quote from: RDFL on April 01, 2020, 09:41:31 PM
Very nice, has a from the future look.

Almost looks like it's out of Mad Max
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

SoCal250

I like it! Doesn't need paint, looks good raw! :metal:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)