Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

List of fork tube, steering head, and rear axle sizes for Japanese motorcycles

Started by IR8D8R, September 23, 2020, 11:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IR8D8R

I don't know exactly where to put this. I found it on a chopper forum.

It is a listing of Japanese bikes matched to the sizes of rear axle, steering stem bearings, and fork tubes. Separated by the numerical sizes.

Chopper guys were wondering why they needed Jap parts info...

I cleaned it up some. It was mashed together and pasted into HTML directly on a forum web page.

Only reason I am putting it in the Speed Shop is that it is not primarily separated by make.

Mark can figure out the best place to put it. One of those things that has probably made the rounds. No idea of the original author.

IR8D8R

rodneya

IR8D8R

It was worse before I spent 90 minutes cleaning it up. It was all CSV jammed together and inconsistently spaced. CSV makes it easier to manipulate in a spreadsheet. I left the commas in case anyone wanted to revert. One of the problems inherent to having minions at work to do things for you. You forget how to do it yourself. I did it the hard way on Word but it can be exported to Excel.

Now if it only had fork tube lengths added... And front axle diameters. That was actually what I was looking for.

It took someone some serious time and effort to compile this list. Kudos to them for doing it. If it helps somebody it was worth it. I have no doubt that it has been reproduced on many sites.

IR8D8R

IR8D8R

Thanks for the front axle list Rodney!

The Organ Donor list looks very similar to what I found once it is cleaned up. I did not delete anything from the list I found except for HTML artifacts from the chopper forum. The axle lists may have been together at one time.

DTT rear axle list is so similar in format as to be one and the same. Yeah it is hard to read.

IR8D8R