Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

3-way throttle cable splitter

Started by NYSingh, February 16, 2021, 08:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYSingh

Re-doing my throttle cable using the Venhill custom cable kit (OEM is too long with clubman bars), but having trouble locating a 3-way throttle cable splitter box/junction to work with the 2 carbs + oil pump. Seems my options are:
1) find a 3-way splitter
2) use a 4-way splitter (with only 3 of the splits being utilized)
3) modify the OEM splitter

Option #1 would be the easiest, but I can't seem to find any except for an Amal 244/2080 splitter https://steadfastcycles.com/products/copy-of-junction-box-splitter-triumph-norton-bsa-amal-throttle-cable-union-244-104-1-2 - maybe that will work?

Option #2 is easier to find, but not sure if using just 3 of the slots would cause splitter to pull the cables unevenly.

Option #3 may work but I haven't opened it up yet so can't tell.  Looks like it's held together with some rivets, so would have to grind these off then figure out how to re-attach it after I make the new cables.

Has anyone had to do this before and have some ideas?
1976 RD400C (SpecII pipes, K&N Y-boot, Dave F Mod, Team Scream Racing Stage-1 Porting)
Moto Guzzi V7III

DesmoDrew

Why don't you just shorten the 'throttle' side of the cable assembly and stick with the stock splitter and 'lower' cables?  :twocents:

NYSingh

:umm:...genius!  I'll try that first and come back with more questions when I screw it up.
1976 RD400C (SpecII pipes, K&N Y-boot, Dave F Mod, Team Scream Racing Stage-1 Porting)
Moto Guzzi V7III