Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Coffee

Started by sav0r, September 11, 2020, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halmic

I am so far very pleased with my Bambino Plus and Smart Grinder combo.  If anyone here is going the Bambino route go ahead and get the Pro vs the Plus.  I recently added a non-pressurized basket to the Plus (the Pro comes with one), and the results are night and day better.  The pressurized basket is safe and you can get a "good" result without much worry or tinkering, but the non-pressurized basket rewards your tinkering with a "great" shot of espresso!  I'd say I'm getting results as good as the Oracle Touch we have at the office.

sav0r

Getting a nice coffee machine is such a "want" for me. I keep looking hoping for a deal on maybe a nice used machine.

The other day I bought a tapping fixture because I'm always really annoyed when I tap a hole slightly crooked. I should have saved that money and put it towards a coffee machine.

www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

pidjones

Black & Deckar 12 cup drip and Folgers. Sometimes a local Pedal Java grind. Simple tastes for simple minds.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

sav0r

Don't sell yourself short. Tinkering with coffee is a lot like tinkering with motorcycles.

Halmic

Quote from: sav0r on December 03, 2020, 02:13:11 PM
Don't sell yourself short. Tinkering with coffee is a lot like tinkering with motorcycles.

Absolutely!

paul1478

Fresh ground good beans (just before making) and a Melitta filter. Been working for 30 years for me. I do not often find a better cup than in my kitchen.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

patastinky

You guys going to hate me, but 4 sigma insta mushroom coffee.  It's quick, cold and tastes good.
1975 RD350 (under construction)

sav0r

I've actually cultivated gourmet mushrooms for years. I love mushrooms of many varieties.

But yes, I'd rather just have actual coffee. I liken these mushroom coffees to be more of a tea. I don't know. It's hard to describe.

sav0r

I can get a Bambino Plus for $230. Does this seem like a good deal?

Halmic

Quote from: sav0r on December 08, 2020, 10:46:55 AM

That's a steal!

pidjones

You can get a Black & Decker for around $25 US.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

SoCal250

Quote from: pidjones on December 09, 2020, 07:23:18 PM
You can get a Black & Decker for around $25 US.

And think of how much good coffee you can buy with the money you saved! ;D
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

pdxjim

Go for it!

Build quality is fantastic on Breville machines.

My Barista plus was like $500 and I have no regrets.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

sav0r

I went for it. My old lady gave me the thumbs up last night, not that I really care in this instance, but we were talking about putting the final touches on our bar addition and she agreed that it would be an awesome setup for that. Now I need to come up with a grinder lol.

My wife also told me to buy a lathe last night. She's asking for trouble.

pdxjim

Quote from: pdxjim on December 10, 2020, 12:06:36 AM

Go for it!

Build quality is fantastic on Breville machines.

My Barista plus was like $500 and I have no regrets.

I mention the expense, not to brag, but because it is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a coffee maker when there are so many other options at a fraction of the cost.

After almost two years, I wake up in the morning thinking not about how else I could've spent the money, but about the amazing cup of coffee I'm about to enjoy.

Congratulations, Chris!  :whoop:
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A