Previous topic - Next topic

The Red Scourge

'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid

soonerbillz

Used it a couple times.
 I'm not surprised this was ended. Too bad. But I am glad they are putting a knife in morons, thieves and scammers.

pdxjim

I have used this method many times.

Too bad, and no thanks to this guy for ruining it for the rest of us. 👎
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

1976RD400C

'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

soonerbillz

I was talking to a good friend about this today and he put out a good point to consider. Now that Vermont has closed the title loophole bikes that are registered and legal with a proper title their value has just gone up 10%. Whereas bikes that do not have a title now have went down 10% in value.  I don't know exactly how accurate that number would be. But I'm thinking it's probably not that far off the mark.

m in sc

a lot of other states have made it easier to get titles. lot different than it was 10-15 yrs ago.

but, if you want another source, here:
https://www.saintsengine.com/services/title-service/

99% sure thats joe casola's gig.

rded

So has to be 1993 or older and it's 400. Still a decent avenue and you get an actual title instead of a registration certificate like VT. I always have to wait until DMV calls the State to verify if the Vermont registration would convey to Missouri title. Their catalog for out of state registered vehicles does not include cycles but I always get the title. PITA to wait for them to call the state capitol every time I go. 

soonerbillz

Quote from: m in sc on July 10, 2023, 02:12:56 PMa lot of other states have made it easier to get titles. lot different than it was 10-15 yrs ago.

but, if you want another source, here:
https://www.saintsengine.com/services/title-service/

99% sure thats joe casola's gig.

Here in Oklahoma we have the Title 42 option.
 Lots of red tape and legwork for dyi types but we have plenty of title companies that can do it for you.
 But it's pricey.

RD4140

Glad I did the registration at the start of my project and not at the end.

rded

msr

North Carolina's process isn't bad after you've gone through it once (and taken notes if your memory's crap like mine). I've done three bikes here and really only had any trouble with the first one. You do have to bring the vehicle to them for 'theft inspection' so bikes are much, much easier than cars.

The Red Scourge

Quote from: msr on July 11, 2023, 12:55:40 PMNorth Carolina's process isn't bad after you've gone through it once (and taken notes if your memory's crap like mine). I've done three bikes here and really only had any trouble with the first one. You do have to bring the vehicle to them for 'theft inspection' so bikes are much, much easier than cars.

That's what I'm counting on.  My RD400, G3SS, FZR frankenbike and Datsun 260z will all have to go through that process. 
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid