This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Coat inside of tank

Started by rd400greenhorn, March 11, 2019, 01:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rd400greenhorn

Hi guys

So my old fuel tank on the Rd400c has been glasblasted and is completely clean inside out.

Do i coat the inside With some sort of tank coater, and if so, do you recommend any?

Brad-Man

If it leaks, as far as I'm concerned Caswell's is the only one.
Toys don't make the man - Man makes the toys.
1974 RD350
1975 RD350/400 project
1985 BMW K100RS

pdxjim

He ^ means Caswell Fuel Tank Coating.

I second it.  Caswell is good stuff.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Hardy

I prefer to use "redcote" as if someonthing happens and you need to get it out, you can. I don't believe this is the case with Caswell.

I coated my Bridgestone 350 tank with redcote as one day I'd like to remove it to have the tank re-chromed and a few small dents removed.

Thoughts from others?

Tuck

When I restomoded the Daytona, I took the tank down to a reputable radiator shop which also specializes in gas tanks. They were recommended by Arlen Ness, apparently they do all his tanks. They hot tanked, pressure tested, then coated with POR-15. Its going on 2 years now and the inside of the tank still looks new.  :twocents:

Gil Gallad

i've used por 15 a few times now and it's really good. the oldest was 3 years ago and it's still not leaking. buy the whole kit though  8)
cheers, gil.