Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Replacement seat cover RD400E

Started by Hawaii-Mike, February 25, 2022, 03:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawaii-Mike

I see Economy Cycle has a seat cover for the RD400E model.  Does anyone have experience/reviews of that cover?

Decades ago I replaced an "E" cover with a '76-'77 cover because it was all I could find.  It worked pretty well, I just had to trim the excess vinyl off the back of the seat.

Attached is a picture of that bike with the new seat cover for reference.  Aloha 808 has that bike now.

Economy Cycle John

Quote from: Hawaii-Mike on February 25, 2022, 03:54:38 PM
I see Economy Cycle has a seat cover for the RD400E model.  Does anyone have experience/reviews of that cover?

Decades ago I replaced an "E" cover with a '76-'77 cover because it was all I could find.  It worked pretty well, I just had to trim the excess vinyl off the back of the seat.

Attached is a picture of that bike with the new seat cover for reference.  Aloha 808 has that bike now.

It's the right one Mike, short tail no trimming needed, no Yamaha on the back of the seat, correct block pattern. I have 2 78's and like you used a 76/77 on mine before we could get the covers for 78's. And the quality of these covers are better than originals IMO.
www.EconomyCycle.com - RD/RZ Parts, Services, Tools, Accessories & Swag

Hawaii-Mike

Ok John,

Thanks and I will add it to my shopping cart!

Mike