Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

PWK28 jetting for RD400

Started by Hawaii-Mike, February 11, 2019, 12:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawaii-Mike

I have a set of PWK28's that I intend to put on an RD400 with chambers.  PWK owners please share your jetting knowledge.

SUPERTUNE

I wish I could help you Mike, but I'm a Mikuni guy as I have over $600 of jets in stock to fit them, not to likely to start over with Keihin jets, even though I have some jetting experiences with the Air striker PWK 35's (did a Honda NSR250 conversion with custom made angled reed plates, VF reeds and was a headache on the throttle cable management with the stock oil pump cable ratio was hard!
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

Hawaii-Mike

Thanks Chuck, I've heard great things about PWK's.  I have a set of TM34 flatslides on my H2C and they work great.  They were a real pain to jet because there is limited jetting info out there for those carbs on an H2.

Brad-Man

Mike:

Mark responded to a PM from me on the old board on this same question and of course it is gone now.

Wish I had the foresight to copy and save those messages...

I'm sure he'll get around to responding.

He even suggested a curve for my ZEEL.
Toys don't make the man - Man makes the toys.
1974 RD350
1975 RD350/400 project
1985 BMW K100RS

oxford

Here's what I had saved but it is for a 350 not a 400, I don't know how different of a baseline they would have.

155 mains, 42 pilots, jjh needles, and clip in the middle.

Hawaii-Mike

Thanks Oxford, On the RZ forum I see JJH needles are most popular.  Presumably for RZ's though I haven't seen anyone stating what bike they have their PWK28's on.

m in sc

ive run jjh needles on my aircooled motors as well. 150 main as a start, 42 pilot, needle in middle. might need to go one lean on the needle.

C14

Can you say if this setting is with standard airbox, y-boot and KN, or pods ?

m in sc

pwks wont fit a stock box or y, so its individual unis.  :twocents: