News:

Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Chatter / Re: Look what somebody did to ...
Last post by Todd Horton - Today at 09:17:35 PM
Ruined a rare bike
General Chatter / Re: Yamaha's Moto-Bike
Last post by Todd Horton - Today at 09:16:22 PM
Had one back in the day, broke the frame jumping it. They weren't built very well, and I was a skinny kid to boot.
General Chatter / Re: Sudco is closing
Last post by dgorms - Today at 06:25:14 PM
Damn! I've been a customer for more than 50 years.
Last post by m in sc - Today at 12:57:37 PM
i wonder if thats where summit was getting their parts? they are a huge supplier of mikuni stuff.
Last post by SoCal250 - Today at 12:48:51 PM
Quote from: RDnuTZ on Today at 10:28:13 AMI see a Left side carb on the DS7/R5 Frankenbike pictured?
You're right. That one did have carbs, must have been thinking of another bike there.
Last post by Evans Ward - Today at 12:18:51 PM
Sorry to hear they are shutting down..
Last post by RDnuTZ - Today at 10:28:13 AM
I see a Left side carb on the DS7/R5 Frankenbike pictured?
Last post by SoCal250 - Today at 12:39:44 AM
Jumped on the FZ and paid a visit to Sudco today. Likely my last time there since they are shutting down at the end of the month, and then the building will be sold. :'(

Sudco_20240514_123959.jpg

I was able to get a look at some of their bikes they've had stored in warehouse for decades. Quite a few bikes stashed away there. They will all be sold. They had a really nice late-80's Euro Transalp and a JDM Katana 750.  Most haven't been on the road since the late 70s to late 80s based on the plate tags. He said make an offer on any of the bikes that I liked.

This Yamaha is a little bit franken bike. DS7 bottom end and tank, disc front end, R5 side cover. It may even have a 350 top end. Pretty beat and carbs are missing.
Sudco_Yam DS7_20240514.jpg

Nice looking SC500. There was also a pretty complete DT400B hiding in the back in another row.
Sudco_Yam SC500_20240514.jpg
Turning Wrenches / Re: idle screw does not raise ...
Last post by teazer - May 14, 2024, 12:14:31 PM
Sounds as if the pilot jet may be too large which would explain that it runs OK cold but dies when it gets hot. try a smaller pilot jet and see if that improves things. You might also want to try running it with the gas cap open and see if that changes things.
General Chatter / Re: Look what somebody did to ...
Last post by teazer - May 14, 2024, 12:08:29 PM
Same genuine Yamaha brake on a TZ250A that I restored a few years back.