Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Millyard "Quintuple" Kawasaki H2 Dyno Test

Started by IR8D8R, February 10, 2020, 03:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IR8D8R

RDryan

That was fun to watch, what a bike. I think I like the sound of a three cylinder one better. Not so impressed with the maximum hp number but the torque was very impressive. At least to me.

RDFL

paul1478

I it very cool but to me just way to big to try and ride. now I think it would be very cool in  sav0r race car that has the 750 in it.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

sav0r

We don't know what horsepower we are making exactly, but looking at our data and gearing we did a rough math channel (I say rough because we were experiencing logger issues) and we calculated about 100hp at the wheels. Mind you, there's no way to calculate out things like aerodynamic drag, brake drag, parasitic drag in the transmission, etc.. So the calculation is a best guess. We also need some carb work, as we basically just got the thing to run and left it alone. Fuel economy was terrible, something like 4mpg. Suffice it to say, there's some HP in there. But given the losses we must be around 115hp(?), maybe slightly more. With the new head hopefully we gain a few more on top of that. So similar power at 60% the displacement.

This engine is of course an engineering feat of its own. Pretty amazing work! It's huge though, I can't imagine it's much fun to ride on the wobbly old frame. It's great that people are still doing this type of thing. I bet those fins make a special ring when your zinging around.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

paul1478

76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

RDryan

Impressive?....OK I just don't know but to this I would like to know more. Let me ask this, if those HP numbers are impressive I do recall for example typical triple cylinder H2's with a full on Fast by Gast engine builds and heavily breathed upon further with a chambers and pod filters seem to be claimed output  of 120 HP.  So I guess I would expect that at least from an extra couple cylinders?

27 Cycles

I think this was much more an exercise in engineering, creativity and doing something unique vs. a quest for horsepower.. :twocents:

RDryan

Well that makes sense. Although it seems like it was this fascinating idea to take the triple to some extreme and see what comes of it leaving nothing off the table.

m in sc

Henry Wedge has an H2, that tops 140 RWHP, and its street ridden. Actually was talking to him 2 days ago at lunch on the phone about it.

Keep in mind, aside from adding cyls, the motors are -basically- stock with some minor tweaking .

Czakky

It's absolutely incredible what he's done.