Main Menu

SF area bike bonanza!

Started by soonerbillz, April 23, 2022, 10:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDFL

dgorms

rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

lawnboy

I sent an email.  Not sure what I'm thinkin. I have about half the asking $ guilt free. Need to get creative or dip into savings for the rest. We shall see...........

soonerbillz

Quote from: lawnboy on April 23, 2022, 04:54:12 PM
I sent an email.  Not sure what I'm thinkin. I have about half the asking $ guilt free. Need to get creative or dip into savings for the rest. We shall see...........

Just don't forget who yer freinds are :righteous:

dgorms

What's up with the registration "back fees" in California?

RDryan

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Don't understand how someone buying a bike can inherit a "registration back fee" but to say only in California?  :huh:

soonerbillz

Quote from: RDryan on April 24, 2022, 05:58:53 AM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Don't understand how someone buying a bike can inherit a "registration back fee" but to say only in California?  :huh:

Here in Oklahoma if you buy a vehicle that hasn't had the Oklahoma registration kept up to date you have to pay the arrears and a fine if you want to register it. But if you take the bike to another state you could title and register it as a new registration in that state and the Oklahoma title and registration fees are not assessed.  I imagine it's the same in California.

RDryan

Quote from: soonerbillz on April 24, 2022, 07:50:51 AM

Here in Oklahoma if you buy a vehicle that hasn't had the Oklahoma registration kept up to date you have to pay the arrears and a fine if you want to register it. But if you take the bike to another state you could title and register it as a new registration in that state and the Oklahoma title and registration fees are not assessed.  I imagine it's the same in California.

Hmmm, I don't think we have this rule here in Ma. However in my home state we do have to formally cancel the registration to cancel the insurance coverage. Well at least it's what I did and a good idea, like in my case the insurance was paid up for the rest of the year and I was entitled to a credit for canceling it as well as an abatement on the excise tax as I didn't have the bike on the road for a full year. On that not excise tax on a bike in one of the rust belt states where bikes really only get used when the weather is nice, talk about a racket.

Kawtriplefreak

Here in the Old Dominion (VA) vehicles are considered personal property and you get taxed on them based on a formula they dreamed up for every titled vehicle from new regardless of age. I pay around $2.50 a year for my RD.

klaird

Quote from: Kawtriplefreak on April 24, 2022, 10:11:00 PM
Here in the Old Dominion (VA) vehicles are considered personal property and you get taxed on them based on a formula they dreamed up for every titled vehicle from new regardless of age. I pay around $2.50 a year for my RD.

No taxes or plate renewals  in VA if you put antique plates on it ($50 one time fee) .

Kawtriplefreak

Yep, $50 one-time fee, no renewal fees or safety inspections ever, (they do have to be capable of passing inspection). I have never been checked. Mine would all pass. All of my bikes get a property tax bill every year in June and three out of the four have antique tags.  Perhaps it is a county issue. I live in Warren County.

soonerbillz

Quote from: RDryan on April 24, 2022, 06:08:48 PM
Quote from: soonerbillz on April 24, 2022, 07:50:51 AM

Hmmm, I don't think we have this rule here in Ma. However in my home state we do have to formally cancel the registration to cancel the insurance coverage. Well at least it's what I did and a good idea, like in my case the insurance was paid up for the rest of the year and I was entitled to a credit for canceling it as well as an abatement on the excise tax as I didn't have the bike on the road for a full year. On that not excise tax on a bike in one of the rust belt states where bikes really only get used when the weather is nice, talk about a racket.

Here if you aren't going to be using the vehicle on the road, don't have it insured and want to save a little on registration the state allows you to "black tag" or park the registration. It stops all late registration penalties and other fees.

lawnboy

Just don't forget who yer freinds are :righteous:
[/quote]

For sure. If this goes down I'm countin on you guys taking some of this stuff off my hands..

dgorms

Lawnboy, I would gladly rescue that DS7