Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Oil pump options for RD350 AC

Started by 2t Fan, August 21, 2020, 04:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2t Fan

Do we have any options here, other than a stock pump for the RD350 air cooled ? mounting points look similar on other RD model pumps  :umm:

quocle603

The autolube system was similar on a lot of the Yamaha 2s bikes. The issue on some of the same pumps were they had only out outlet coming out of the pump, just make sure you get the corresponding worm drive or else it will not fit. They came out with different thread sizes and will not fit the pump.

I know that you can run an RZ pump, R5 pump, and lower displacement RD.

Not sure if you can run a Y splitter to the two carbs, but it might not be the correct ratio to both carbs.
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

m in sc

you also need to match the gear and shaft. there were different pitches.  or, premix.

2t Fan

yes, the gear and shaft is a gamble. I am considering only pumps with dual outlets , the one from a RZ or LC or banshee since they are available new

m in sc

rz will work for sure but you need the shaft with it.  :twocents:

rodneya

Quote from: 2t Fan on August 21, 2020, 01:05:06 PM
yes, the gear and shaft is a gamble. I am considering only pumps with dual outlets , the one from a RZ or LC or banshee since they are available new

No pump on a Banshee, just a breather line in the hole.

Arrow

Is your bike an A or a B?  I've got a few of those pumps here and the drives. Just let me know what you need.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk