Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Digital speedo/tach rd350

Started by 350smoker, February 02, 2021, 11:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

350smoker

Wanting to run a digital speedo/tach on my rd350. Looking for suggestions on good units that will work on the rd with a vape iggy!

rodneya

I had an acewell with a vape for a while. With resistor plugs I had no issues.
Nice and small, similar to the one in the pic

350smoker

Got a link to the one you used? Looks nice, just what I'm looking for!

rodneya

I bought it off ebay a while back.
Mine is  the ACE 3701 model.
Different model numbers have different combinations of the lights down the sides. Mine only has turn, brights and neutral.
I bought a pigtail for the speedo that fitted right into the stock RD drive at the wheel, but I could never get it to work so I have a magnet glued into the front disk..

350smoker

Awesome, thanks! Going look them up when I get a chance don't really need any dash lights except neutral. Will be perfect for my street tracker build

350smoker

Quote from: rodneya on February 03, 2021, 12:52:28 PM
I bought it off ebay a while back.
Mine is  the ACE 3701 model.
Different model numbers have different combinations of the lights down the sides. Mine only has turn, brights and neutral.
I bought a pigtail for the speedo that fitted right into the stock RD drive at the wheel, but I could never get it to work so I have a magnet glued into the front disk..

Got mine acewell today. how did you mount your speed sensor on yours. It says it has to be 8mm or less to magnet did you do this with yours?

rodneya

My bike has gsxr forks, but i glued a small magnet i got from amazon into one of the small holes in the disk with epoxy. Then made a small bracket out of aluminum off the fender mount to hold the pickup sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhh1989

While likely not the digital look you are after, Scitsu makes awesome ... electronic  :umm: tachometers that are reminiscent of factory race bike tacho's but have no mechanical parts. They sense the pulses from the plug wire and use an internal battery to move the needle.

m in sc

i have an spa technique tach/speedo that has analog stepper tach and digital speedo on a vape. those speedometers ^ always reminded me of a digital watch.

also look into speedhut and daytona gauges. my .02