This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

New oil topic - Air Filter Oil!

Started by IR8D8R, June 09, 2021, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodneya

Quote from: 2steve on June 09, 2021, 04:48:43 PM

The 400 doesn't cough up oil through the carbs and up the intake tubes so it might be a little different than a 350. Running Chuck's Barlow crossover too.

All reed valve two stroke engines blow some amount of oil fuel mix back through the carbs

m in sc

Kawtriplefreak

2steve

Quote from: rodneya on August 07, 2021, 07:58:51 PM

All reed valve two stroke engines blow some amount of oil fuel mix back through the carbs

Yes, surely it can't be any other way.
However, the stock airbox-to-carb tubes and UNI's stay "dry" - maybe 'cuz of the boost bottle? Carb mouths have a little normal residue.

m in sc

if its in the airbox, they typically wont get the spitback due to the 90 degree bend the air has to take. so, you're right there,  from my experience. Most i think are referencing experience from individual ones.

I mean, you can just hit it with a dash of uni filter oil, squeeze out the excess and have at it when using a uni in a stock airbox, should be ok for years. just check the filter very year for degradation of material.   

the boost bottle has zero to do with it, both the hot rod rds i have have the same bottle and both will spooge  :nana: the individual unis internally.  :dawg:

side note for steve: bike night at grapevine, baxter village, this thrusday.  :toot:

2steve

Got it on the bike night. Needing to work that in :thumbs:
Air filter arrangement:

m in sc

you will see some after a while. of course, you prob have to ride the bike a bit more. ;)