Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Straighten front fender?

Started by Striker1423, April 07, 2022, 08:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker1423

Quick question that seems silly, but here we go.

The new Fender on the RD is sitting off-center by around a half inch or so. Anyone have a remedy for this short of taking it off and trying to bend the middle fork brace? (Which was my plan.)

AAAltered

Are you sure it's an RD fender?  An R5 fender would look similar but be a centimeter or so narrower and would mount up like that.
1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

Striker1423

Positive, its got the 4 front and rear arm mounts and the RD braces mount up to it just fine.

pidjones

I have found that I can move the RD400c fender around quite a bit once the four bolts are loosened. Might have to wedge something between fender and tire to hold it while tightening. Wish that was all that mine needs, but it has a pretty serious wrinkle in it.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

TPR5

Try loosening the bolts and wedging a block of wood in-between the fork and the fender. Get it where you want it, and tighten it up. if its still not centered give it a push to get it in place.

forexer

this may seem obvious however do you have it installed backwards I cannot tell from the picture however the hole for the speedometer cable goes on the left side.

Striker1423

Forexer, I don't believe so, I have the speedo cable fed through the holder and secured in the fender. I just think main brace is slightly bent. 

forexer

10-4 Copy that!

I couldn't see the speedo cable going through the rubber grommet so I wasn't sure if the cable was installed or if it was just hanging there and sometimes it's the simple stuff that throws us into a loop. Hopefully you get it straightened out.