Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

NGK Plugs

Started by Czakky, April 01, 2020, 12:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pidjones

Quote from: Czakky on March 29, 2021, 05:40:49 PM
Jesus! I went to resistor plugs and non-resistor caps.
That's what I plan.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

Czakky

Quote from: rodneya on March 29, 2021, 05:59:58 PM
Quote from: SoCal250 on March 29, 2021, 03:21:19 PM
Yep, as I posted a year ago...
Quote from: SoCal250 on April 08, 2020, 07:02:37 PM
"Available only while supplies last."

I won't be needing any soon. This is maybe 1/3 of what I have on hand  :dawg:

Were you the guy with all the TP a year ago?

Ha!

m in sc

pidjones

My local NAPA has them in stock, and says they can get more. Most local NAPA stores show them in stock.

bhh1989

So if I'm capturing all this correctly, stock RD (or any motorcycle in the '70s probably) would have had no resistor in the plugs or caps - now the thing to do is (was) to run NGK resistor caps + stock B8ES plugs.

Since the B8ES is no longer made, use BR8ES + stock caps?

m in sc

stock Japanese bikes had (typically) resistor caps stock.

gardenhosebusabottle

I found an autolite specific "application" chart.  You can lookup plugs for both the 350 / 400.  The 350 plugs options appear to be only non-resistor.   The 400 has both options. 

https://www.autolitesparkplugs.com

Under application drop-down list, select Powersports / Year / Vehicle type, etc..  When you get to the last drop-down, leave it at L---UK---.  Select find parts and it will list compatible spark plugs.

IMPORTANT:   After selecting which spark plug to look up, there will either be a RED or BLUE line above the selection.  Blue is what you want to see.   RED means the plug is incompatible for your ride.  ( I just about missed that when looking up options for both bikes).

Milan

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/ngk-iridium-ix-spark-plug-br8eix-5044/15650072-P

These work good.
You only need 2, so no complaints about cost.

When you go to the website it gives you a 20% off code as well.

M

pidjones

Quote from: bhh1989 on March 31, 2021, 08:30:30 AM
So if I'm capturing all this correctly, stock RD (or any motorcycle in the '70s probably) would have had no resistor in the plugs or caps - now the thing to do is (was) to run NGK resistor caps + stock B8ES plugs.

Since the B8ES is no longer made, use BR8ES + stock caps?
No, they usually had resistor caps and plain plugs. With plain plugs getting scarce, you can use non-resistor caps (put a piece of copper in place of the resistor) and use resistor plugs.