Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

shiny billet heads for your RD

Started by rodneya, September 06, 2022, 07:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodneya

Mark Morrow posted these on Facebook. Coming soon for your RD from vintageperformanceproducts.
Looks like they will be available  in 6 different dome options..

m in sc

paul1478

they look great. Keep us informed if you can. I may be interested 
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

sav0r

Those must take some run time! Not getting chatter on those fins has to be quite tricky.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

Striker1423

rodneya

Quote from: sav0r on September 07, 2022, 08:28:36 AM
Those must take some run time! Not getting chatter on those fins has to be quite tricky.

Think I read 6 hours on the fins.

IR8D8R

6 hours! I guess that's why the sunburst heads use heat-sink extrusions...

Great! Something else I need to buy. Billet stuff is like an addiction. Buy one piece and you're hooked. I almost went broke on billet RC car parts before. I definitely appreciate the stock-appearing design.

Since the B8HS are NLA would it be possible/worthwhile to use the opportunity to change to a spark plug with better availability? Or is using the resistor plugs no problem at all?

IR8D8R

m in sc

resistor plugs arent an issue. just use non resistor caps. and resistor plugs are NOT an issue on a cdi, been running them for literally 15 years w zero plug issues. 

zero resistance is an chooseable option:

https://www.economycycle.com/shop/yamaha-rd250350400r5ds6ds7-parts/electrical-ignitions-lighting/ignition/ngk-5k-spark-plug-resisitor-cover-lb05fp/

Dvsrd

Quote from: IR8D8R on September 07, 2022, 02:03:57 PM
6 hours! I guess that's why the sunburst heads use heat-sink extrusions...

Great! Something else I need to buy. Billet stuff is like an addiction. Buy one piece and you're hooked. I almost went broke on billet RC car parts before. I definitely appreciate the stock-appearing design.

Since the B8HS are NLA would it be possible/worthwhile to use the opportunity to change to a spark plug with better availability? Or is using the resistor plugs no problem at all?

IR8D8R

I hope he makes them for 3/4" reach plugs (i.e B8ES) instead of 1/2" reach. I believe the 400 and later 250 OEM heads had just that, 3/4" reach plugs.

DaytonaCafe

These make my sticker peck out. DEFINITELY need a set once available!

bostontrackrat

I race with the owner of Vintage Performance in USCRA.  He's a really solid dude and a huge fanatic of 2 strokes.  His fully built Kawasaki H2 race bike is gorgeous and wickedly fast.  I've chatted with him about this project and it's really cool.  Looking forward to a set for my race RD. 

Pics of his H2 and my RD attached.

IR8D8R

Working on the theory that if your bike is a deathtrap POS and you add new shiny bits, it will at some point cease being a deathtrap POS and become a nice machine?

At least by popular consensus since there's no real rating system.

Asking for a friend.

IR8D8R

m in sc

1976RD400C

'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

rodneya

Set installed on mark morrows race bike to some testing