(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

1969 Kawasaki H1

Started by Tuck, May 18, 2019, 12:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuck

Organicjedi

Wow!

One of the most dangerous motorcycles ever produced right there.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

motodreams

Nice looking bike. Love those early tanks.

Mostly dangerous due to brakes and steering not power!  Those drums were aweful! 

These felt like riding a buzzing hovercraft.  Totally disconnected from the road and vibration throughout the bike.

Organicjedi

Kawasaki put all of their R&D dollars into the engine and not the chassis on these.

An iconic bike, a cool bike, a pretty bike, but not a great bike.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Kawtriplefreak

A lot of the ill handling reports are a bit exaggerated. Proper set up and maintenance and they handle decent not stellar but not unsafe either. I have been riding them and working on them since the 70s and have lived to tell the tale. Of course all are entitled to thier opinions.

Evans Ward

The front drum can be made to work better with resources/ money. That said, IMHO this one is priced high with the owner fishing for that one buyer.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

Organicjedi

The H1 and H2 were ahead of it's time in many respects. Stiffer frames and decent brakes weren't standard until later. The S3 had these things.

The H1 and H2 are still the king and queen of 2 stroke collectibles if not of all Japanese street  bikes. They're hard to beat in a straight line. I think the record is 8.33 1/4 mile for the 750.