Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Nice T500 in PA

Started by Organicjedi, July 25, 2019, 11:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Organicjedi

A nicely done T500. Clearly written by a romance novelist. https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/pittsburgh-1973-suzuki-t500-titan/6939449200.html

1973 Suzuki T500 Titan - Updated Restomod - $5500 (Pittsburgh)

1973 suzuki t500 titan
condition: new
engine displacement (CC): 500
fuel: gas
odometer: 9716
paint color: blue
title status: clean
transmission: manual

Up for sale today is a gorgeous 1973 Suzuki T500 Titan. She has been beautifully and professionally restored to like new condition with numerous period correct, and safety upgrades. If you know about this bike, then you know about the racing pedigree and historical associations it has buried in motorcycle past. I wanted to replicate the look and feel of the past, but with modern technique and safety.

The titan rests on Bridgestone battlelax bt45 rubber, wrapped over XS650 aluminum high shoulder hoops, laced to original hubs. The external spring forks and triples have been upgraded with needle bearings and replaced with a GT500 disc brake and fork set. A stainless line handles braking rigidity, a crucial upgrade for those that choose to ride their bike instead of garage queen it. Tank is resealed and rust free, oil lines and pump have been inspected and tested thouroughly. Polished engine cases with fresh fluids, (1400cc newer motor variant) fresh pistons (standard bore), rings, crank seals, and gaskets (NOS oem), upgraded metric hex stainless hardware along with a new 530 chain and original chrome chain guard set the tail end off. Twin chambered exhausts are professionally made and brought up from Maryland state via a well known fabricator. The Mikuni VM32 round slides have been jetted and tested with the pipes and work wonderfully, the right sort of rider will be delighted to hear and smell the beautiful 2 stroke crackle as she idles and then accelerates away. Other additions include rental super-bike bars with original Suzuki t500 grips, gauges, illumination, original seat and cover, upgraded reg/rect charging system, new battery, lightweight aluminum headlight ears, and all original switchgear. Tank and matching side cover patina is untouched, the beauty is in the stories of the original paint itself. This was best left undisturbed.

Reviving this motorcycle has been and incredible endeavor, but it's time for me to move on to other things. Value is something we speak about in all walks of like. The bike is priced accordingly due its lack of availability here, in addition to the parts, the waiting periods associated with those parts, and the quality of the restoration performed. The group of individuals responsible for making this project complete have offered hundred of hours of their time and professional facilities and expertise to make sure the end result was not only period correct, but reliable and safe for modern applications.

She runs great, starts first kick every time, and needs a new home, please contact me for more inquiries and questions. Do not miss the opportunity to own this historical chapter marker in motorcycle racing. Many extras and full documentation are included with the sale for the new owner. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this AD.

Video of running bike here: https://streamable.com/jdhtf

sav0r

I know the owner of this bike, I've gone riding with him a few times. He does nice work.

Price seems high though.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Organicjedi

Quote from: pdxjim on July 25, 2019, 01:28:25 PM
LOL.  Check this one out:

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcy/d/portland-1975-suzuki-t500/6941335567.html

I like the "no test rides unless cash in hand." That's a lot of cash to be holding onto for a lousey test ride.   :busey:

Organicjedi

Quote from: sav0r on July 25, 2019, 12:14:22 PM
I know the owner of this bike, I've gone riding with him a few times. He does nice work.

Price seems high though.

I don't have a handle on the T500 market. Especially since this one has a different front end. Maybe $3500?

It Looks like he did a nice job on it. I bet it's a fun bike to cruise around on.

sav0r

I can't tell if this is his main T500 or a second one, I do recall he was building a second one. The one I saw last year was really quite nice. He has a nice shop and he spends a lot of time tinkering in there. It is curious why he did the swap, if he's going for original and original type prices he slipped up by swapping.

It's interesting that one of the local chop/cut cafe shops advertised this bike for him as well, this bike is way nicer than anything they put out.

I would have said $4k/$4.5k for a really sweat original T500, but I don't follow them closely either so I'm just guessing. That said, the thing is marketing itself quite well (here it is, and I don't think the owner is a member here), so he may well get that money.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

motodreams

Quote from: Organicjedi on July 25, 2019, 02:29:32 PM

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcy/d/portland-1975-suzuki-t500/6941335567.html

I like the "no test rides unless cash in hand." That's a lot of cash to be holding onto for a lousey test ride.   :busey:

Also really amazing paint followed with...which is bubbling.  So it needs repaint then...

quocle603

I just picked up a stock running one for 900 bucks.
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

pdxjim

I have seen this bike many times in person and it surely is beautiful.

That said, it belonged to a very good friend of mine before this, and I'm just baffled that the builder dumped sooo much time, money and effort into it without refurbishing the bottom end.  My bud had it for at least 10+ years and this guy's had it for at least 5.

time bomb ticking ...
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

m in sc

yup. i need to rebuild my crank for the same reason. (but i was aware and planned on it).