Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

747drvr

i took the rz for a nice evening ride... ran the piss out of it like i always do!!!   at 60 years old , i never get bored of second gear wheelies..   drew a lot of thumbs up from young and old..damn i love that bike :cool: :cool:   tomorrow will be the rds turn   after i mount new body parts on my 74 z-1   :olaf:

Czakky

Went for a nice evening ride myself tonight. She didn't miss a beat and is sooo nice to ride without that flat spot.
:vroom:

85RZwade

Loaded it in the truck for the trip to Tacoma and the Angry Bees ride. On the road at 6:45, coffee at dgorms chateau at 8:00 and then it's kickstarters down!
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Took my 12yo daughter for a ride around the neighborhood.

Gonna play with the jetting a bit tonight and take it for another ride around tomorrow

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

m in sc

float level setting on the 72.

this was too high. caused warm idle issues.

and fixed:

Evans Ward

Mowed the lawn with it- Lawn Boy Gold Series 10515 self propelled walk behind. I have four 2 stroke walk behind mowers now down from 9. Even have a Toro 22043 Commercial Landscaper model powered by a 2 stroke Suzuki!  :dawg: All original/ factory.  :olaf:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

Kawtriplefreak

Cranked up the RZ because it hasn't been started since the Gap. Fired on the 2nd kick. I let it run for five minutes and shut it down as I had to put a new fuel tank in my 84 Ford F250 diesel feed truck.

85RZwade

Those commercial Suzuki engines are sweet! My college roommate still has the commercial Jacobsen two-stroke walk-behind we used when we were in school.
I post waayyy too much

Evans Ward

Quote from: 85RZwade on August 09, 2021, 01:31:18 AM
Those commercial Suzuki engines are sweet! My college roommate still has the commercial Jacobsen two-stroke walk-behind we used when we were in school.

Wade- the engine on that old Jacobsen is basically the same as the Snapper Wisconsin Robin I have. This one is a non runner at present as I need to work out carb rods/ linkages and clean the Mikuni carb. The Suzuki also has a Mikuni standard with Walbro on both LB's I own.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

pdxjim

Re-installed the chainguards on the TDR and LC.

TDR 'guard has been in a box since I took it off the bike 23 years ago.  LC 'guard came off when I got the bike 3 or so years ago.

Despite triple digit temps 106*f (42*C), I'll be taking both bikes to a club event at the local dragstrip this friday evening.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

rodneya

Installed new vape stator / flywheel and Zeel CDI. Up and running again

Kawtriplefreak

Finished up adjusting the steering stem bearings on the RD to rid myself of a clunk in the front end. Got over 1/2 a turn on the slotted spanner nut after I loosened everything up. All good now.

85RZwade

Gave it some fresh 50:1, filled the bar oil tank and greased the roller tip. Small tree fell over in the driveway and my lovely wife had me trim a big 'ol cedar away from the roof at Grandmas house. First contribution to the wood stove in the barn; Winter is Coming, and it's too cold out there without a fire.

My old $25 yard sale Poulan; recoil rope was broken, but it came with a new rope. Ran so well when I got it home I couldn't bring myself to adjust the carburetor. Bought it a new roller-tip bar and rim sprocket and a few chains (amazing how many new saw chains I find at yard sales) and it drinks from the KTM gas can.

I've had it for 10+ years now and it's never let me down. My father-in-law gave me his Stihl 029 Super when he quit cutting wood, and it's a nice saw: lighter, better chain speed, blah, blah. But I like my heavy old bile-green Poulan. And yes, of course it's a 2-stroke  :love:
I post waayyy too much

SoCal250

Spent the last 2 days working to recommission the 125 after it had been sitting for a while. Adjusted timing, carbs ultrasonic cleaned and synced, flushed & rinsed the fuel tank, new petcock, new gas cap, new fuel lines & filters, new battery, fresh gas. Took it for a test ride around the neighborhood. Still have to do some additional sorting & change trans oil...and it needs a detail.
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

m in sc

resealed and reinstalled the oil pump on the 67 C2TR. made a new clutch cover gasket and reconnected the oil injection system. also da sanded the clutch steels as it has always had an issue with a slipping clutch (even with new fibers).  Seems to be working just fine but need to get the premix out of the tank as i looked like my garage was on fire last night when i p[rimed and tested it. (actually had cars stopping as they were passing by...lol)  :dawg: :devil:.