Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

replaced fork seals on the 72 R5 then did a shakedown run to beer &pizza night.

then replace rear brake shoes and.. Gap ready.   :haw:

2 Smoker

Very nice, I have not been to a 2 Stroke meet in quite some time.
Have a great time and be safe.

Kawtriplefreak

I walked by both of mine that I think are Gap ready and wished I had time to test ride them. Hopefully I will get to scrub the new off of the rear tire on the RZ and one final charging system verification ride on the RD...

Czakky

90 miles on the Yamaha today. She didn't miss a beat! Had a blast!

Czakky

I found a split in my oil pump feed line. luckily I had a spare line. Replaced it bled it. Back in business. For me the first ride after any oil feed work is a bit worrisome...

patastinky

watched a video of someone putting together their RD350 while mine still sits in the garage waiting for me to put it back together. lol
1975 RD350 (under construction)

747drvr

took the rz out for a nice cool evening ride. ran the piss out of it like i always do. put a big smile on my face. cooled her down with a fan in the garage. tomorrow will be the rd's turn!!!  :vroom: :vroom:

Kawtriplefreak

Took the RD out for a romp. It was a bit slow off idle. I hadn't changed anything since Deals Gap and it felt lean. 670 foot difference in elevation. Turned airscrews back to 1.5 and it ran great. Fun was had. The front wheel occasionally left the ground.

85RZwade

I've been playing with the airscrews on my RZ, too. Still just a touch rich at 1/4 throttle in the evening, but runs like a scalded cat on the way in to work (50-ish degrees in the mornings lately).
I sure hope my RD350's front wheel occasionally leaves the ground when it's done!
Today my lovely bride and I ventured North to the bustling metropolis of Tacoma, famous for giving us Bing Crosby, Steve Miller and, of course, Almond Roca. Picked up a donor front end for my RD project and I think bought a car from dgorms. Made plans to do a ride next Sunday and had a fine visit as well.
I post waayyy too much

AAAltered

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

Kawtriplefreak

Test rode the RD350 and I am pleased to report that the current electrical demons have been exorcise Ran great and everything worked.  :patriot:  :patriot:

Czakky

Not a patient hombre, waiting on parts in the summer sucks!

pidjones

Not much. Rode it to a place where I can get 91 octane 100% gasoline, filled it up and rode it home. About 20 miles RT.

Oh, and ordered a GoldWing horn to replace the lame mep mep thing.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

busa1300

Re sealed my pipes a few days ago.
So I took it out today to make sure everything stayed nice and clean.
And it did...no oil mist or drips anywhere  :celebrate:
I can finally put the lowers on, and safety wire the pipes to baffles and the pipes to the flanges again.

RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

85RZwade

Filled the RZ oil tank, cleared out the gutters with my Echo blower, mounted a footpeg on the Elsie:

I post waayyy too much