News:

Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Recent posts

Turning Wrenches / Re: Wiring Question
Last post by Joe6v6 - Today at 06:55:42 PM
Quotevolt meter @ battery terminals. shouldn't really go over 14v , and should see over 12.5-13.00 at 1500-2000 rpm.

Thanks for the info, Even though this bike will have almost the bare minimum of wiring its still quite a challenge. Especially to make it look nice.   .   
Show Off / Re: Gap pics ,, killboy, from ...
Last post by Kawtriplefreak - Today at 04:58:55 PM
 :metal:  :metal:
Show Off / Gap pics ,, killboy, from last...
Last post by m in sc - Today at 03:36:03 PM
me on the lc, the kz and david behind me on his new H2.

General Chatter / Re: Mark Atkinson Speed of che...
Last post by 2 Smoker - Today at 01:22:56 PM
This is very sad news indeed
(not mine)
Really nice looking pair of low-mile 125s! A few really minor issues but easily fixed (missing badge on left engine cover, missing mirrors, oil leak (oil pump?).

Pair of 1975 Yamaha RD125s
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-yamaha-rd125-5/
Turning Wrenches / Re: Help with my left cylinder
Last post by RDnuTZ - Today at 10:29:35 AM
this may be way out of left field, but have you thoroughly inspected your autolube lines from pump to inlet on carbs? All the extra oil in Left side sounds like it's getting more oil delivered than right side- maybe someone swapped a larger diameter replacement hose on that side at 1 time? Maybe something in the pump itself? Alternately or concurrently could pilot circuit air intake be blocked on that carb from bell mouth but not obvious on visual inspection?
Last post by m in sc - Today at 10:24:59 AM
volt meter @ battery terminals. shouldn't really go over 14v , and should see over 12.5-13.00 at 1500-2000 rpm.
Last post by Joe6v6 - Today at 08:29:39 AM
Quoteso yes, it needs a switched 12v source to the brown wire
Thanks - just wanted conformation.   .   

On another note - Is there a simple way of determining that the charging system is operating correctly? after the motor is running of course.   .    Joe
Turning Wrenches / Re: Help with my left cylinder
Last post by RDDave - Today at 07:50:09 AM
I have changed the intakes and have adjusted and readjusted the carbs all kinds of ways. Does anyone know what the typical temp range of the cylinders should be? Although the temps are different between the cylinders, their temps are very consistent. It will be a few days before I can get back to working on the bike, but I want to swap that left carb and see if that has an effect. I appreciate all the tips and suggestions. Thanks!
General Chatter / Re: Mark Atkinson Speed of che...
Last post by JBeasty - Today at 02:39:05 AM
This guy cut a Daytona head perfectly in half for me - for free! So talented and generous. Never actually spoke to him, communication was all by email. This makes me sad.