Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Reproduction rubber parts quality

Started by Twidget, April 16, 2019, 09:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twidget

I need a pretty sizable chunk of replacement rubber parts to complete a couple of RD projects. The plan was to order most of them from Yambits since they have a bunch of other parts I need and the pricing on the rubber parts is good. Before ordering I did a little research on their stuff and found some not so positive reviews on the rubber quality. Thinking Economy cycle would be a good alternative I did a little research on them and it appears they use the same supplier as Yambits for rubber.

Can anyone give me some advice on sourcing rubber parts that won't fall apart after a couple years? Does HVC use the same supplier as the other two? If not, is the quality any better?

Anywhere else?

pdxjim

Dunno if they have what you're after, but Claud's Studios quality is second to none.

https://www.claussstudios.com/index.html
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

m in sc

yes, hvc stuff is the same as far as i know.

Organicjedi

The yambits stuff is good. Some of the rubbers seemed a little big. I had to trim the battery box rubbers on my 400 to fit for example.

Their prices were good and they were good quality.

so-cal-sdr200

Cam

Quote from: Organicjedi on April 16, 2019, 12:12:25 PM
The yambits stuff is good. Some of the rubbers seemed a little big. I had to trim the battery box rubbers on my 400 to fit for example.

Their prices were good and they were good quality.

I agree, quality has been good. I had to trim the airbox mount rubbers to get it to fit on my RD350, but I'd rather have it too tight then too loose!

Hardy

All of my Yambits rubbers fell to bits within months. (Foot rubbers, Kickstarter and gear lever). I now use economycycle and not had an issue.

Tuck

When I stripped the Daytona down to the frame, I replaced every piece of rubber. I got what I could from economy and HVC.  I used Yambits as a last resort. In my opinion there quality is not 100%  :twocents:

Twidget

Quote from: Hardy on April 18, 2019, 03:17:29 AM
All of my Yambits rubbers fell to bits within months. (Foot rubbers, Kickstarter and gear lever). I now use economycycle and not had an issue.

I had seen similar reports, but they were mostly from a few years ago. When did you buy the faulty parts from Yambits? It is odd that you say the parts from Yambits were bad, but the ones from Economy Cycle were good since it looks like they share the same supplier:

http://pgmrubber.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=8

http://pgmrubber.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=9

Hopefully those reports of bad Yambits rubber parts are from a supplier that has been dropped and the PGM rubber parts going to Yambits and Economy (and HVC) are good.

I suppose those reporting good parts from Yambits received them fairly recently?

Organicjedi

All of my Yambits rubber parts came within the last two years. The quality has held up since then.

Twidget

Quote from: Organicjedi on April 19, 2019, 10:14:45 AM
All of my Yambits rubber parts came within the last two years. The quality has held up since then.

That is good to know. Thanks for the info.

Clem

I'll back both John at economy and Clauss studios. Clauss doesn't have large selection for RD's. Really, you have no other choice when it comes to nla rubber.
John had the Daytona intake boots repopped for me and the quality was A+.

Brad-Man

John is my go-to for anything RD related

Only if he doesn't have it/can't order it do I go elsewhere - and that rarely happens.

To me, customer service is all important and John supplies it in spades.
Toys don't make the man - Man makes the toys.
1974 RD350
1975 RD350/400 project
1985 BMW K100RS

quocle603

Economycycle also gives us a discount if you use 2SW in the coupon code section when you check out. He has quality stuff that are great.
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC