This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

H1 kart on fb marketplace

Started by m in sc, January 14, 2023, 01:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

kramdua

i hope the buyers life insurance is up to date. looks like instant death.
8 year absent.
back in action.
virginia.

kpke

What a cool find. The Facebook post is North Carolina. You don't know him m in sc? Clicking about I found what I think is the dudes YouTube channel. It looks like there is lots of good two-stroke content on there. No affiliation.  Pete's Classic Cycle 

I'll spend some time on there whilst exercising today. Thanks for posting.
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158

m in sc

I dont think so, thats about 2-3 hours north of me. I may have met him at some point but? who knows. 23 deals gap rallies, many bull city rumble shows in Durham, Meltdown in Hendersoneville and cycle mania, we may have crossed paths. But off the top of my head?  :umm:

kpke

Yeah, I get it. Further research after watching a bit of Pete's Classic Cycle on YouTube, it appears he is not the guy selling the kart. I did enjoy watching a few videos on that channel though. Lots of two-stroke content.

Off to the garage now, even though it's cold, I shall brave the inclement weather as I am getting close to starting my most recent project.
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158

RDryan

Well it's original or at least to me it is but is it worth the $3,600 asking price? :whistle:

RDryan

What I'm thinking is yes maybe it could be worth the asking price if someone really needed that motor and all the other associated parts to get their broken down h1 up and running. This provided that it runs and running good.  :whistle: I'm not into these overpowered gokart one offs but I have seen plenty of them over the years and do find them interesting. I guess my take on em is that the guys with their 600 to 1100cc sportbike powered ones have pretty much set the standard in terms of over the top powered karts. I just can't wrap my head around the looks of those long chambers trailing of the back of it. The kart just doesn't look right to me. I imagine it sounds mean but with a typical lack of torque off the bottom, of course maybe  not the best gearing for four wheels, and just me thinking that maybe that motor is better suited as a motorcycle power plant...well it is what it is. I bet there is probably a funny story behind it. 

IR8D8R

Looks like a 70's vintage kart designed for a lawnmower engine with a centrifugal clutch. Not a race kart by modern standards. It's worth whatever you think it is, not by the sum of its parts.

...Unless it is some rare collector's item chassis that I'm not aware of. There were dozens of companies making them. The chassis is worth $400-500 and the engine is worth whatever a running H1 500 is going for.

It also looks filthy and thrashed and needs a complete overhaul unless you just want to hooligan around. $3600? Not to me. I doubt its online history adds much value. As it sits it is probably worth less than if it was in original condition with the correct period parts, except for the +value of the engine. Be good for someone with an H1 frame looking to build a bike if it were at <$2k. Assuming a running 500 triple is worth $1500.

These karts show up all the time starting about $300 with harbor freight engines. The original engines are usually gone.

A modern 125 shifter enduro kart would smoke this thing on a real track. It might be ahead at 60 feet but after the first lap it wouldn't even be in sight.

IR8D8R

Kawtriplefreak

If it is the one I am thinking it us it used to be RB's
Rick Brett.