News:

Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Centerstand solution for rd with chambers (via Derek Freeguard)

Started by m in sc, April 22, 2020, 03:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

ACRD club member in UK. I had actually forgotten about this, popped up on the club page today. Clever solution.  :cheerleader:

RDFL

Czakky

I take a piece of 1" wood about 20" long slide it through and have a jack stand on the right side and put a small jack under the left side. Not as fast but it works.

JB Weld

That's awesome. Been thinking about something similar. Recently installed DGs and already miss the use of a center stand. I just remove the pipes for now.

Dvsrd

I cannot see the video now, as the satellite link on my ship has limited bandwidth.
Are we talking about pit stands/garage stands for cleaning and maintenance, or a regular center stand of a chamber friendly design?

m in sc

sav0r

I have a similar setup to the posted solution. Basically it makes the bike easier to work on for simple tasks. My father actually came up with it. I posted pictures of it on the old forum, luckily those photos are still in my imgur. It's gotten a little short over the years, a piece of plywood helps to gain an extra half inch if I need to turn the wheels. There are two sets of frame bosses, a forward set, and a rear set, so I can take get either wheel off the ground. I can try to grab a video of it if people are interested, but it's not too difficult to put the bike up on the stand by myself.

www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

davedogg

Center stand for pipes would be a great product for our welding / engineering folks on here to make. I would be all over one.  :taz:
1969 Yamaha L5T Trailmaster,  1973 RD350,  1973 Honda CB350G,  1976 Yamaha RD400,
1983 Honda NU50,  1983 Vespa P200, 1997 Honda Nighthawk,  2012 Moto Guzzi V7

Dvsrd

Quote from: davedogg on April 24, 2020, 09:37:17 AM
Center stand for pipes would be a great product for our welding / engineering folks on here to make. I would be all over one.  :taz:
It should be possible, but the center stand and pipes would both need to be designed to acommodate the other. After all, the RZ (RD350YPVS) has a center stand and expansion chamber style pipes.

quocle603

Quote from: m in sc on April 22, 2020, 03:22:42 PM
ACRD club member in UK. I had actually forgotten about this, popped up on the club page today. Clever solution.  :cheerleader:

Is the rod in the same slot as the original center kickstand?
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

m in sc