This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Frame height

Started by retaRD, September 11, 2020, 08:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retaRD

I have a request.
I need to know the height of a stock RD 350 with stock tire sizes, from the ground to the bottom of the frame, just forward of the exhaust mounts. 

I'm guessing it's 10.5", just wanted to confirm. 
I'm trying to correct a geometry issue with my bike since going to the Motolanna swingarm.  The shock mounts on the swingarm are further back and the swingarm is about 2" longer than stock.  My bike currently sits lower than stock in the back with this setup... steering is a little slow and I don't have good ground clearance. 

Thanks in advance.

sav0r

Definitely don't rely on "stock tire sizes." Whomever can provide this should also provide tire circumference (F&R). You'll also want to measure this at two points. The center of the swingarm bolt and the bottom of the yolk are what I use. Alternatively, use a digital angle gauge on the forks and measure height at one point, usually the swingarm bolt.

My bike isn't even remotely stock otherwise I would help you out with numbers. That said, I run 25 degrees of rake, and that puts the "chassis rake" (a race car term probably not that applicable to motorcycles) a little forward. I do think I run the rear high and that causes a little too much chain pull which results in too much anti-squat. My shocks are around 335mm (they aren't the same side to side due to the stock swingarm being a little wonky). I do plan to work on my setup over the winter, but clearance has never been an issue with my modded DG's. You may be slightly undersprung.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

rodneya

My 73 is 10" where your finger is, but it is hard to measure by myself, so maybe a tad more
The grease zerk in my swingarm is 15" up

retaRD

Thanks for the replies.
I'm addressing multiple geometry issues, most stem from the same issue.