Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

? Is Garrett still operational

Started by craybait, June 12, 2022, 06:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craybait

I am after a set of the turned adapters Garret was making for DG pipes for an aircooled RD 350,
Any one no if he is still operational,I have had no replies from his website which now only lists machining and not the millenium pipes or the adpters for other pipes he was making.
Thanks Scott

rodneya

I read somewhere that he is no longer doing bike stuff

dgorms

rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

85RZwade

What Dennis said: No. It's a long story, and you'll have to buy me a cheeseburger to get it out of me.
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

You may want to reach out and see if he has a set of manifolds on the shelf, but don't hold your breath for a reply.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

TRA2strokes

I can definitely say as I'm his older brother he is out of the motorcycle side of machining. It sucks because I would love to have him do some work on my dg heads but even I can't get ahold of him
Were did the 10mm socket go? I've looked everywhere and can't find it!

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

lawnboy

What a bummer!!! I had him do my top end, O-ring head, fix squish and mild port work with the super sick exhaust manifold set up. I love to have another set of those.

pdxjim

I really hope his custom machining biz is working out for him, coz just as he was gaining some real momentum with the pipes, crank building, and bike machining, he just fell off the face of the earth.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

sav0r

Running an online business becomes an exercise in customer service pretty quickly. Hopefully that isn't what sent him the other way. I've had a few nightmare customers over the years that had me questioning whether I wanted to keep selling parts or not.

I had been strongly considering sending him my crank and buy a set of pipes as my 350 is ready for a top end as well, I guess that is out of the question now.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

2 Smoker

I also was going to finally have some engine work done a month or more ago with no reply.