This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RZ Wont Start

Started by Milan, November 07, 2022, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

Milan

The bike has the F2 exhausts on it, and a larger set of jets.
So stick with that stock CDI unit?

M

Milan

"  Otherwise, throttle wide open and kick until it starts to pick up and don't close the throttle until it clears its throat and starts to rev.  "

Tried this.
Fired up.   :burnout:

Why would it lose its fuel prime while just sitting for that week only?

M

Brad-Man

Toys don't make the man - Man makes the toys.
1974 RD350
1975 RD350/400 project
1985 BMW K100RS

teazer

Quote from: Milan on November 08, 2022, 05:50:26 PM
"  Otherwise, throttle wide open and kick until it starts to pick up and don't close the throttle until it clears its throat and starts to rev.  "

Tried this.
Fired up.   :burnout:

Why would it lose its fuel prime while just sitting for that week only?

M

That's great news.  As to WHY?  Why do motorcycles do stuff like that? It's in their nature.  Run fine for years with total neglect and one day they just decide that today is the day to fight back. It may be as simple as a spec of dirt in the fuel tap holding it off its seat just enough to allow it to flood. Or the float needle was slightly sticky from ethanol in the fuel and the humidity was high or the ambient temperature or pressure changed enough to allow something to weep.

I normally leave the fuel tap on ON or Run or whatever they label it as except after standing for a while and then I start it on prime just to make sure there's fuel in the bowls.  Flooded motors happen and teh old wide open throttle trick usually works.

m in sc

thats why they have a prime setting. glad it was that simple.

pdxjim

If a bike has been sitting for awhile, I lean it over til fuel runs out the the carb overflows before attempting to start.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Milan

The thing is it only sat from Sunday to sunday

dgorms

That's all it takes! Sometimes it happens overnight :bang:
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

1976RD400C

When mine did the major flood out thing from the petcock leaking, I put a RD400 petcock on it and ran 2 hoses, one to each carb. It fits nice and you can reach it through the hole in the side panel. Remember to cap off the vacuum port on the carb that was used for the original petcock.
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

Kawtriplefreak

http://www.rzrd500.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13677 
Here's how I did mine. I will be doing it again on the gray RZ.