This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

ATV collection

Started by SUPERTUNE, November 14, 2019, 08:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUPERTUNE

Another one guy collection...
Not a racer like Charlie Mavros was with his collection, Charlie's collection was not a museum, like this one is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwXoCLBp55A
Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

paul1478

to each his own. I personally don't see having so many of the exact same thing all in mint condition. he has 2 rows of 200x.
They all look perfect. Everyone has a different passion (and bank account balance).
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

suey1958

I agree with Paul,...Great collection but I would be happy with one of each.

rd400canuck

good grief... looks like more of an unhealthy obsession than a collection. That, or I'm jealous because the guy clearly has DEEP pockets.

motodreams

Seems pretty pointless to me.  ATVs were never 'pretty' by any means and more than a single example without some reason makes little sense beyond hoarding or speculating.

sav0r

I know a guy that has a collection of Moto Guzzi's all of them still in their original crates, never even fully assembled.

What a waste of space that collection is, but he's got more money than god, and he also owns a few Ferrari CanAm cars, a few modern racing cars, and an incredible list of other toys. When you have pockets that deep there's no real rhyme or reason for what you can do, you just do it because you can.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

IR8D8R

I know why he has all those 3 wheelers. They were bought back by the manufacturers after the '88 ban and should have been salvaged.

I worked in a huge Japanese import lot back in the 80's unloading cars from the transport ships. Nothing ever went back to Japan. We were told that it wasn't allowed by the Japanese. Anything that got damaged more than touch-up or a new fender got written off and crushed.

The ban was in effect from 88 to 98 and it prohibited the sale of new or used 3 wheel ATV's by dealers. I bet somebody put a bunch in containers or something. Or in a warehouse maybe?

IR8D8R

m in sc

just saving it for the later generation. these hoarding collections are always... interesting. But id never do it either.

Jspooner

I raced 3 wheelers back in 84-86. Back then you didnt even think twice about what could happen and even when it did happen it was just the way it was. I always had Yamahas...........they were by far the worst handling ones you could get. The Tri-Z wasnt bad but still nothing like the hondas or kawis. That guy has some cool stuff in his collection, hes got some stuff that I didnt even know was ever made, maybe they were customs, who knows, either way they bring back lots of good and bad memories. But I agree, whats the point of having so many of each that are all the same.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

sav0r

I can't fathom what it was like to race a 3 wheeler. Had to be brutal and awesome. Props to you for surviving it.

I've only ridden a 3 wheeler on a hand full of occasions and it was a harrowing experience.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

Jspooner

Quote from: sav0r on November 14, 2019, 06:19:08 PM
I can't fathom what it was like to race a 3 wheeler. Had to be brutal and awesome. Props to you for surviving it.

I've only ridden a 3 wheeler on a hand full of occasions and it was a harrowing experience.

Looking back at some old pics, my first race was actually in 82. That's me leading the pack on my Tri-Moto 125. The next pic is in 84 of me and my brother, I'm on the converted IT175 and he's on his tricked out tri-Moto 175.

Jspooner

Here's a few more ice racing with my Tri-Z and the last two are me on the Tri-Z chasing a Honda at the 250 atv amateur nationals in 85 or 86. I finished 9th overall if I remember right.