Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Project bike, Right cylinder cold need some suggestions

Started by rdsarefun, November 27, 2020, 03:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

as you foul the plug its still not pumped all the fuel out. I've never seen raw fuel accumulate that fast with out the crankcases being full.  that being said, swap carbs left to right, cap off choke crossover see  if it follows the carb.

patastinky

following this closely as I'm having a similar issue.
1975 RD350 (under construction)

Jspooner

Make sure your slides are in correctly, cut outs facing the rear of the of the carbs/bike. I know it seems silly but I've seen it many times.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

m in sc

So as I was working on the 72 R5 this weekend, this thread came to mind.

I took the LH carb off to adjust the float level and also look at the pilot jet to write down what size i had in there.

In the middle of this, I got distracted with a ph call, then got back into it.

After getting the carb back on, i fired it back up and then all of a sudden had the -exact same issues- as the OP stated.

after a few minutes i looked and lo and behold, the pilot jet was sitting on the workbench.   :taz: so, i put it back in and was idling OK again. but it pissed out a bunch of fuel out of the pipe.  :shuddap:

Then, it had me thinking way back, i was helping soembody with a GT750, and he had fit VM34's to it, was very modified.

when we got to tuning, he had rejetted the carbs ad had the exact same issue.  this was like 18 yrs ago, but i distintly rememebr, when we pulled it apart, the pilot jets were the mikuni 4 stroke variety.

In this, it means that the metered orifice is at the pointy end, not near the threaded portion and will run dead rich but otherwise look 'similar', be numbered the same, etc. when we took the carbs off i noticed the lack of emulsion holes and there it was.

Just 2 things to look out for.

:twocents:
('incorrect' pilot below)

rdsarefun

I have been working alot to make some numbers for year end and have not had time to work on the bike.  Should have this weekend to get sorted, plus it has been sitting awhile to dry out any unspent fuel in the crankcase

rdsarefun

Had a break from work and got the bike running today on both cylinders.  I think it was extremely gas fouled and it sat for 2+ weeks, kicked thru every few days.  Both cylinders are running good, even temps on each (non scientific-back of hand measure).  Idles well and seems to be sorted. Fires first kick. Appreciate all of the input and support.

Thanks, Brian

Czakky