News:

Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Recent posts

Haus of Projects / Re: RD350 forever project
Last post by Perattzi - Today at 05:15:24 PM
back story.. before it was parked had about 2k miles on a fresh crank, top end, recut squish and o-ring heads. Dave F mods to carbs, dyna ignition. Recent-ish work has been: modified DG pipes.Kept having charging issues so I decided to just rewire the bike and order a new Rec/reg. New hand switches and quick turn throttle. New Hagons for rear. FFP rearsets (took some time to get setup properly!) Curved kickstarter(not in pic). Adapted a Brembo front brake similar to a Monster 620. Still quite a few things to tackle and will need your valued opinions getting this puppy dialed. 🙏
Few more pics!
Seems like there was quite an interest, with all the different bidders.

Wondering why this went for that much.
Time to get mine out

M
Haus of Projects / Re: RD350 forever project
Last post by 85RZwade - Today at 03:47:28 PM
:thumbs: I like that!
Haus of Projects / RD350 forever project
Last post by Perattzi - Today at 03:32:56 PM
Glad to have forum back in all its glory! I built this bike about a 14 years ago with the help of everyone here. Sadly it more or less sat for the past decade, just firing it up here and there. My partners company needed a display bike for their booth at a bike show, so I decided it would be wrong to display a non working bike. Been tackling all the things I had half finished. Being older and more patient definitely helps lol! Here is how she sits presently:
Is a deal a deal if it's thousands of miles away and impossible to score? Or just irritating...
That would be an excellent bike/pile to part out, then buy a nice one with the profit!
I just happen to have an R5 want list.
Warren
Even I would buy that were it on my side of the continent!
Race Discussions / Re: 2024 MotoGP Schedule
Last post by SoCal250 - Today at 12:27:37 PM
Quote from: busa1300 on May 06, 2024, 07:34:46 PMLooks like new rules for 2027
Wonder if that will give KTM, and Aprilia a push to put their GP V4's into the next gen street bikes. As the engine size and fuel is to be changed...?
The 2027 rule change has been talked about for quite a while. Here's the summary of changes:
--ENGINE: Displacement reduced to 850cc. Max bore reduced from 81mm to 75mm.
--FUEL: 100% synthetic (non oil refinement derived) fuel, up from the 40% requirement this season. Max fuel load reduced to 20L from 22L, and 11L for the Sprint race.
--TRANSMISSION: Number of gearbox ratios (pairs of gears) permitted will reduce to 16, plus 4 different overall ratios for the primary drive.
--SUSPENSION: All ride-height and holeshot devices will be banned.
--ENGINE SUPPLY: Reduced to 6 for a 20 race season, and 7 for a 21-22 race season.
--AERODYNAMICS: Front end max width reduced by 50mm and pushed back 50mm.
--WEIGHT: Minimum bike weight 153kg.
--DATA: All teams will share GPS data.
--CONCESSIONS: Revised to four levels that will be adjusted mid-season. New teams that have not raced in the prior year will be given the highest concession level, Rank D. All other teams will start the season at Rank B.
Crap that's a deal.
Turning Wrenches / Re: 28mm Mikuni - What are the...
Last post by m in sc - May 06, 2024, 10:56:43 PM
yup. ditch those filters. either get all foam unis or a y boot. correct info on lines above
eBay/FB Marketplace/Craigslist watch / Re: R5 in the MD for $650
Last post by dgorms - May 06, 2024, 10:16:39 PM
I reached out!