Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Rd 400 needs crank seals

Started by daves1977rd, October 29, 2022, 06:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daves1977rd

:help:My 1977 Rd 400 has almost 33k on the original crankseals.It is hard to start ,surged badly and then went nuts revving in neutral  with the key off.Was wanting to get a electronic ignition put in it ,but now I think I also need the bottom rebuilt.It had a new pistons app 3k ago. Has old accel coils and it seems to stay charged.Is a dyna S good?And what do I need to have done to the crank? Ozmo Rd. 
Jan Kurth

m in sc

1: how comfortable are you with splitting an engine case?

2: what is your budget? because while its out, its prob time for a crank rebuild.

daves1977rd

Hi, I'm not comfortable with case splitting,or electrics.Prices are all over the place and pretty high as expected.Any good reviews on wilson performance center in Lees Sumit mo.or anyone else?
Jan Kurth

m in sc

might be in your best interest to send the whole motor to Ed Toomey in SC. it wont be cheap but it will be 100% right.

Ed Toomey Designs

4798 Highway 29 S, Anderson, SC, United States, South Carolina

(864) 581-5981

ed@toomeydesigns.com

pidjones

Quote from: m in sc on October 30, 2022, 08:37:37 AM
might be in your best interest to send the whole motor to Ed Toomey in SC. it wont be cheap but it will be 100% right.

Ed Toomey Designs

4798 Highway 29 S, Anderson, SC, United States, South Carolina

(864) 581-5981

ed@toomeydesigns.com
I agree. If you don't have the tools, skill, aptitude, attitude - have a wallet.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

daves1977rd

Thanks for the tip! I talked to Ed on the phone the other day and just looked at pic's on facebook.Prices seem reasonable for the quality of the work.He knows what works and doesn't seem to be selling any fluff.Now I just need to get my Rd too him.
  who is the best shipper that you  know of ? thanks again  Jan Kurth
Jan Kurth