This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Yamaha TZ 350

Started by Tuck, February 12, 2019, 03:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuck

Jspooner

8900.00.........................I don't think so.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

Jspooner

The only thing on that thing that is TZ is the top end that is on it, it's a TZ700 cylinder and head and the spare top end that's in the scrap parts pile he's trying to sell, that one looks like TZ350. The front fender and gas tank are probably TZ as well but could be replica stuff. Everything else is garbage including the lectrons, they are antiques and should go straight in the trash. Front forks look like RD350, brakes are RD, front rotor looks to be an XS rotor, wheels are not TZ, front one looks to be RD400, rear wheel? Swing arm is not TZ, frame looks like a hacked up RD350/350 frame. Just for fun I emailed him and asked him to send me a pic of the serial number of the frame, most likely won't hear from him.

If I'm reading the ad right he wants another 3K for the pile of scrap parts he shows. The only thing that makes that POS worth anything are the TZ top ends and maybe the front fender and gas tank. In my mind the complete package is worth maybe 1K, he wants 11,900.00 for all of it? You could buy a real TZ that is race ready for less.  :umm:

Organicjedi

It would be a cool project if it was priced right. It's going to need a lot of work and there are a lot of sketchy parts on there. $1500 tops.

Jspooner

Here's his response to my email:

The frame and motor have matching numbers. 01895.    It is titled as a 1968 , but was first sold in 82'. Leading me to believe it's a 1979-81 model.  I agree that it does not look like a TZ or LC frame, not a Harris or other type of repro frame either. I am puzzled. There are no additional weld on bungs or tabs added, it appears to have the factory paint. I think it is a Yamaha frame. The bike was imported into New York in 82', Frank Barretta was the original owner and raced it in California. I think the numbers were messed with to get a title. Tons of spare parts.  Thanks,Pat M.

Jspooner

I see he lowered the price of the bike and the parts lot and also added some pics of an actual TZ (except for the bottom end looks like RD).

IR8D8R

This is coming from the historic meth capital of California. Beautiful West Contra Costa county. Probably most of the parts would test positive...

IR8D8R

Tuck

He also took out the 187 MPH claim.

Tuck

Quote from: IR8D8R on February 14, 2019, 04:41:20 PM
This is coming from the historic meth capital of California. Beautiful West Contra Costa county. Probably most of the parts would test positive...

IR8D8R

Maybe we should try some in the gas tank! :toot:

Eric P

The reflector holes in the steering neck brace plate says that it started life as a road legal frame, not a TZ. Definitely a parts bin bike. Cool project, but not for $8,500.

Jspooner

You'd be better off just buying a TZ top end and collecting all of your own parts and start from the ground up.

Tuck

This guy's smokin. I noticed he change the description from TZ to RD.

Organicjedi

The post is now much more tame than the original. The price however, is not

oxford

Quote from: Jspooner on February 19, 2019, 01:30:22 PM
You'd be better off just buying a TZ top end and collecting all of your own parts and start from the ground up.

I think this is a better option than what he wants for that heap.

Have we figured out what the bottom end and frame is from?

2strokesforever

Definitely a bitsa bike.

Look at image 18 of 22. It shows the mounting tabs for the oil injection fill cap/ battery box.

I wonder if he'd sell the tz water pump separate?
1963 YD3
1968 YG5t
1970 Rupp Scrambler
1972 LS2 100
1973 LT2
1975 RD250 x2
1975 RD 125
1975 DT400
1977 RD400 x2
1977 DT/RD
1978 DT400 x2
1980 Exciter 440