Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Motorcycle Transportation

Started by 350GUY, November 21, 2023, 05:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

350GUY

Hey folks - What would be the most economical/reliable way to ship an RD350 from Utah to FL?

m in sc

I used these guys to ship my 66 galaxie from sc to alabama, they were fast and good, barely spoke english but good.

friend of mine shipped his 67 cutlass from la to sc as well. zero issues.

https://www.montway.com/help-center/types-of-car-shipping-services/can-i-ship-a-motorcycle/

dgorms

rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

LMS

I used u-ship, and it worked great, third time I have used them, no issues at all.
75 RD350 bought 12/22. First motorcycle I have ever owned.

Milan

I have used Haul bikes & U-Ship.

Haul Bikes takes longer, but includes insurance.  You can pick up at terminal in ocala for a discount if you are close as well.

U-Ship gets it to you within a week, but charges a fee% on top, plus extra for insurance.

M

pdxjim

My LC went from Portland, OR to Tampa, FL via U-ship.

No problems at all.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Milan

pdxjim.

Where in Tampa did the bike go to.
Maybe I can hook up with him.

Milan

pdxjim

Quote from: Milan on December 01, 2023, 04:22:31 PMpdxjim.

Where in Tampa did the bike go to.
Maybe I can hook up with him.

Milan

I believe it is in Safety Harbor 34695.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

dgorms

If you're gonna use a shipper, take a lot of pictures of bikes condition from all angles! I had an experience with "u-ship" that was less than favorable!
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

Striker1423

What Dennis said. Keep in mind, it depends on what shipper you end up with and how careful the driver is when handling things. U-Ship is a bidding website and it allows multiple companies to claim a shipping job. So, it's hard to pinpoint who will actually be shipping it. I've heard about big rigs picking up crated bikes and then getting them delivered 2 weeks later. They drop multiple vehicles off and can only get down certain roads, or meet in larger areas (parking lots, etc).